Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin is comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As an Associate Animator at Certain Affinity, you’ll be part of a creative team generating highly polished in-game animations. You will assist in the design of the project by providing pre-visualization animations for gameplay elements as well as evolve and refine motion for characters, weapons, vehicles, and environmental objects.
- Work with Art Director, Lead Animator & Design team to visualize and integrate motion into a highly immersive world
- Create animations in a variety of styles, from ultra-realistic mocap based movement to highly stylized hand-keyed motion depending on the needs of the project
- Understanding and application of both keyframe and performance capture animation in a real-time environment
- Strong foundational knowledge in traditional arts, including but not limited to graphic design or illustration, life drawing, acting, and cinematography.
- Working level understanding of the principals of motion as applied to characters, cameras, objects, and vehicles
- Solid grasp of performance requirements and constraints of current generation console and PC development
- Collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to work within predefined styles from realistic to stylized and effectively communicate this style to the rest of a team
- Solid understanding of how animation by way of performance, staging, dynamics, timing, and pacing influences player response and feedback to help make a game fun and engaging
- Team player with the drive and initiative to deliver extremely high-quality work within performance and time restrictions
- Must be adept at time constraints and multiple priorities
- Working level knowledge of Maya and/or Max, MotionBuilder or other 3D animation packages
- Experience in Unreal or Unity
- Experience in the application of motion as related to physical simulation of particles, fluids, and other related fields
- Experience with technical animation scripting or rigging
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.