Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’ve co-developed multiple products for the Call of Duty and Halo franchises, and we’ve launched a few of our own games as well.
As a Lead Producer at Certain Affinity, you’ll help run one of our game teams. The Lead Producer will be responsible for guiding this team to deliver a high-quality product on time and budget while helping to promote a collaborative, results oriented environment.
If you have project management and scheduling experience, are eager to make an impact, motivated to support the needs of both development teams and external partners, and are open new challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Overall production ownership on a AAA game project
- Responsible for delivering high quality game on time and within budget
- Collaborate with department leads to build a high-functioning team
- Cultivate and manage relationship with external partners to help ensure good cross-studio environment
- Motivate and maintain creativity and cohesion within that team
- Work with department leads to maintain long term project plan
- Create and foster daily team practices and process to make sure long-term plan is on track
- Facilitate team communication, ensure timely dissemination of information to team and company overall
- Communicate project development status to senior management and business team
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance department for product testing cycles, including usability testing
- At least seven years of project management experience in game development
- Shipped at least two AAA console titles in a Senior Producer or Lead Producer role
- Experience building high functioning, quality-driven teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, and scheduling skills
- Strong time management skills with ability to multitask across disciplines, assess risk, define priorities, and resolve problems while meeting deadlines
- Deep knowledge of game development – team dynamics, common development hurdles, game engines, development milestones, etc
- Strong working knowledge of at least one bug tracking software solution and MS Office
- Motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Works well within an open, highly collaborative environment
- Experience with online multiplayer games and/or FPS titles
- Familiarity with Agile and other traditional project management methodologies
- Hands-on development experience in any development area – art, design, programming, QA, etc.
- College degree in related field preferred such as Computer Science, Computer Graphic Art, or Business Management