Senior Monetization Designer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing multiple AAA FPS products. In addition, we are creating compelling new games of our own.
Do you smile and nod respectfully when a game has brilliant in-game purchases that fill players with joy? Are you a nerd for economics, player psychology
Certain Affinity is looking for a top-notch Advanced Monetization Designer that can perfectly balance our gameplay and business goals.
Work with our internal teams in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment to craft systems and gameplay that drives player purchases through enjoyment – not evil.
- Work closely with the team’s system designers to ensure the meta-game and inner-loop facilitate a fun player-experience, while also achieving the required business goals
- Design, test, and tweak player progression/rewards with a focus on character customization
- Work with the team’s engineers to ensure the correct individual metrics are integrated, and the overall analytics framework properly supports live-ops
- Oversee the development of all player transactions
- Work with the marketing team to ensure the game’s user acquisition strategy is ROI positive
- Draft analytics reports/dashboards for internal and external stakeholders
- Propose design changes to correct under-performing products or features
- Collaborate with monetization experts from external publishing partners
- Maximize LTV and retention through the design and development of events, sales, and other player engagement strategies
- Manage pricing and probabilities for virtual goods, and balance currencies across all sinks and sources
- 3+ years as a monetization designer or similar role in the gaming industry
- 5+ years as a systems designer on a AAA console or pc game
- Excellent knowledge of the monetization of free-to-play games
- Knowledge and understanding of game design fundamentals
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task priorities
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and confidential environment
- Passion for making games with “sticky” player experiences
- Experience with revenue maximization in both elastic and inelastic economies
- Bachelor’s in Economics, Math, Statistics, and/or related field
- Experience with statistical modeling and forecasting
- Experience with conducting both random and deterministic A/B testing
Certain Affinity offers relocation for this position to Austin, Texas where we make it all happen.