Lead UI Engineer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
You could be the Lead UI Engineer we are looking for; do you dream in binary and want to work on high-profile projects with seasoned industry vets? Your code is efficient and adaptable, and so are you. That’s why Certain Affinity wants you to be one of our senior engineers who consider themselves a generalist. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s make some games together that people will be playing for years to come!
- Lead a team of UI engineers of various skill levels
- Implement UI with a combination of C++ and UMG
- Collaborate with art and design teams
- Contribute to a large codebase, adding features and improving performance
- Debug and troubleshoot problems in unfamiliar code through careful analysis
- 5+ years of experience as a UI Engineer
- Shipped multiple titles as a UI Engineer
- Proficient with UMG Blueprints in Unreal Engine 4
- Comfortable in C/C++
- Strong grasp of object-oriented design principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Passion for making fun games
- Passion for Game UI/UX
- Experience with additional languages such as Python, Lua, or C#
- Experience with Game UI Frameworks such as Coherent or Scaleform
- Impressive demo/samples of previous work
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.