Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Certain Affinity is looking for an exceptional Production Director to help manage a new games-as-a-service shooter across the production and the live-ops teams. As a Production Director, you will oversee the project schedule, team management, hiring, and lead the team to deliver a successful FTP game on multiple platforms. Your focus will be on achieving outcomes, proactively solving problems, and ensuring a successful beta period, launch, and ongoing smooth operations.
This is a key leadership role that involves a high level of interaction with team members, peers, and company leadership.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for building and leading a strong production team; oversee recruiting, onboarding, retention, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Collaborate with key project leaders to define the project’s vision, mission, strategy, and success metrics; develop and drive plans to achieve those objectives
- Drive development planning and execution; hold teams accountable for meeting milestone commitments and quality targets
- Develop team-wide processes that foster excellent communication and strong development practices
- Drive efficiencies and new ways of thinking to reduce waste and increasing predictability
- Coordinate dependencies with supporting organizations across the company and with external development partners, including co-development studios
- Set goals and priorities that help teams focus on the critical few: filters issues based on a clear understanding of project strategies, priorities, resources, and objectives
- Solve problems of all types as they arise and find creative and effective solutions which achieve measurable results
- Work closely with the project lead, game director, and various discipline leads to determine outsourcing needs and establish outsourcing pipelines
- Foster an engaging, fulfilling, positive, and enjoyable working environment
- At least 7 years of project management and leadership experience in online AAA PC and console game development
- Successful deployment and ongoing updates to and maintenance of at least one large-scale live-service game
- In-depth knowledge of game development – team dynamics, common development hurdles, game engines and technology, development milestone definitions, production process and methodology, outsourcing and co-development scheduling, and publisher and partner relations
- Thorough understanding of the mechanics behind cross-discipline team collaboration and development-driven product ownership
- Ability to multi-task and handle many discrete, highly varied tasks at once without losing focus on any individual items and without missing a stride
- Expert level understanding of production, and proven ability to schedule, communicate and monitor complex tasks
- A cool-headed, diplomatic leader able to maintain critical confidentially and to have crucial, and at times, sensitive, conversations
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and customer-focused
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to work collaboratively to solve problems efficiently
- Great with time estimations, assessments, and prioritizing
- Ability to collaboratively design and implement the best production practices to suit the specific needs of individual teams
- Ability to lead external teams, including remote developers
- Project management software skills using Jira or other project management software
- This position requires the ability to travel internationally
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience working, partnering, and building strong relationships with established brands and IP holders
- College degree in a related field such as Computer Science or Business Management
- Experience with large-scale development using UE4
- Avid gamer on multiple platforms
- Experience developing FPS or TPS titles
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.