Executive Business Administrator
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
Would you like to work in a highly creative, fast-paced environment? Do you take pride in being “that person,” the one that is always a step ahead, taking care of the big and small details, so things run smoothly? Certain Affinity is looking for a unique individual to be “that person” for our executive leadership team.
This position has a wide range of responsibilities, including some executive administrative functions, and working with the business team to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of our studio. We are looking for someone agile, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, project coordination, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and external key stakeholders.
The perfect candidate is exceptionally organized, collaborative, relentlessly resourceful, calm under pressure, a strategic multi-tasker, with a deep love of logistics and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing environment.
Management Support – Executive Team
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all members of the executive team
- Maintain the executives’ calendars thoughtfully and purposefully, ensuring meetings contain the appropriate attendees and agenda items
- Seamlessly coordinate extensive travel including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, security, visas, and any other travel documentation
- Schedule regular sync and ad-hoc meetings between executive staff
- Facilitate and schedule regular meetings between executives and their direct reports, as needed
- Coordinate logistical support for onsite and offsite executive team meetings
- Proactively, anticipate executive team and studio needs allowing the company’s executives to focus on running the business and making great games
- Other duties (and ad hoc tasks) as assigned in support of our executives and business
- A key member of our core team ensuring our work environment continues to be one of the best places to work in game development
- Manage logistics involving the executive team for external facing meetings to ensure a high-quality experience for visitors (partners, vendors, etc.)
- Act as a sounding board to provide insight into company org health and morale
- Support the business team with morale events, company meetings, and special events
- Support Partner meetings as needed including coordination, planning meeting spaces, food arrangements, and agenda preparation
- Assist with preparation of presentations and meetings recap
- Maintain and keep updated org charts and distribution lists
- Prepare information and research for executive needs
- 7+ years of executive administrative experience working with C level leaders
- Minimum of 4 years of general administrative assistant experience
- High level of interpersonal skills, self-motivated, uber-dependable, and self-directed
- Strong planning, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Extremely resourceful with good judgment in resolving issues
- Proven ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism
- Computer-savvy, with a solid technical foundation; proficient with a variety of software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Slack, Gmail, and the Google business tools suite (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Experience with international and domestic business and travel
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Console and/or PC gamer
- Experience with event planning, especially in the entertainment industry
- Experience managing and growing a team
- Fluent in spoken and/or written Mandarin
Certain Affinity also offers relocation for this position to assist you in the move to Austin, Texas.