Pharmacist - Weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- To supervise the activities of weekend Technicians and Assistants
- To screen prescriptions for appropriateness and provide final checks of completed activities
- Provide services that meet and exceed the Standards of Practice
- To ensure a controlled dispensing and inventory of narcotics, controls and targets
- To assist in the management of inventory
- To prepare emergency injection products for SC administration
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintain Patient confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with the Privacy Act
- Maintain a high level of customer service and patient care in the pharmacy
- Advise customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health-care supplies
- Provide information and advice regarding administration, usage, drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage
- Ensure proper storage and disposal of pharmaceutical products/medications in a manner consistent with legal and professional obligations
- Ensure all prescriptions are filled accurately, efficiently and safely
- Maintain customer medication profiles and records, including but not limited to pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, etc.
- Operate pharmacy computer, register equipment and other assigned tools.
- Protect company assets
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and employee information, as well as all pharmacy proprietary information at all times
- Receives verbal prescription orders and accurately reduces same to writing in adherence with local laws and regulations
- Evaluate appropriateness of prescription orders with consideration for patient safety and legal requirements
- Consults as necessary
- Reviews complaints from internal/external customers and takes action to remedy the complaint.
- Prepare sterile products for immediate use for palliative patients
- 40 – 60 words per minute
- KROLL system experience
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of Dispensary equipment
- Experience using KROLL in a long term care setting would be an asset.
- Work as part of a team – must be able to build and maintain strong team relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to time manage priorities and be very organized.
- Works under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strategic thinker with excellent decision making skills
- Must have emotional intelligence
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent attention to detail with a quality assurance (QA is critical) focus.
- High skill level in professionalism and energy
- Ability to prioritize, work independently and handle stress
- Demonstrates consistent exceptional patient care and customer service
- Ability to meet the pharmaceutical care needs of the patients served by the dispensary
- To provide direction to technicians regarding policy and procedures
- Strong English communication skills
- Organized approach to workflow
- Effective management of patient files in Kroll
- Retail module
- Long term care module
- Strong pharmaceutical care plan documentation skills
- Must have a positive “go-getter” attitude and be cooperative with the team and direct supervisor at all times.
- This position requires the selected candidate to sit, stand and walk throughout the day.
- Excellent memory skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy and Alberta Licensing
- Licensed Pharmacist in good standing with ACP
- Supervisory experience and experience in diverse institutions desirable
- Extensive knowledge of Kroll Pharmacy Systems
- Knowledge of all Dispensary equipment
- The chosen candidate may be asked to undergo a criminal record check and/or basic security clearance.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today?
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
We thank you for your interests and we wish you all the best on your job search.
Your Career. Our Focus!