Registered Nurse (RN) – Operating Room
At Centric Health we strive to offer the most innovative health and wellness solutions. Our unique brand of care includes: surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. We have over 800 dedicated healthcare professionals, consultants, and support staff who provide services nationally and operate six full accredited surgical centers. We service over 25,000 patients in care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario.
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse specializing in the OR looking for a change? Are you looking to achieve excellence, roll up your sleeves and work with a team of highly qualified experts?
Then this is the place for you!
Centric Health Surgical Centre Toronto/DMSU was founded in 1960 as Don Mills Surgical Unit, and is a fully accredited facility by Canadian Association of Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (CAAASF). This level of quality provides patients the confidence that we operate at the highest level of quality care and service.
Centric Health Surgical Centre Toronto/DMSU has over 50 surgeons, anaesthetists, RNs and RPNs servicing over 4000 patients a year. We offer a wide range of surgical procedures comprising of OHIP and Private orthopaedic, general (bariatric), ophthalmology, plastic/cosmetic, OBGYN (ovarian biopsies) and ENT procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity for casual Operating Room Registered Nurses to join our roster.
Your Day to Day
These active, hands-on roles will work closely with and under supervision of the Nurse Manager and the Team Lead to support the needs of the facility. The RN is responsible and accountable for providing direct patient care using the nursing process through the assessment, planning, implementation and on-going evaluation of patient needs.
Overview of Nature and Scope of work:
- Providing appropriate assessment and care pre-op, intra-op and post-operation recovery
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities to support the facility and national ORNAC Standards
- Acts in accordance with CNO standards and scope of practice and in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate communication channels to disseminate information
- Demonstrates a professional and caring approach in dealing with clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Assuming duties and responsibilities as delegated by the Nurse Manager, Team Lead, or designate.
What You Bring To The Team
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, or equivalent.
- Registered in good standing with/or be eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- Completion of recognized postgraduate perioperative nursing program or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with Orthopaedics, General (Bariatric), Ophthalmology (Cataracts), Plastics (Cosmetics), and ENT (Sinus) an asset
- Minimum of 5 years current related nursing experience required; 7 years preferred.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Current CPR Level HCP, or BLS Provider certification.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
Your Career. Our Focus.
Your Career. Our Focus!