Facility and IT Support Technician - Part-time Permanent
CareRx was created with one goal in mind – to provide the best possible pharmacy experience for care facilities, retirement and nursing homes. We have developed our business model from the perspective of the customers and partners that we hope to service. Locally owned and operated, CareRx is invested in the community and committed to improving the lives and care needs for residents and their families. Our management team has over 40 years’ experience servicing the community through our ownership and management of other retail pharmacy outlets in British Columbia. CareRX is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
CareRx is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada's largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care. Provide supervision and ensure a controlled dispensing and inventory of narcotics, controls and targets.
Under the direction of the pharmacy management team, the Facility and IT Support technician supports CareRx Pharmacy’s service offering by implementing, maintaining and servicing pharmacy equipment and supplies.
- Repair and maintain medication/treatment carts, fax machines, fridges and other pharmacy provided equipment/supplies with applicable documentation when required
- Support the IT West helpdesk with in pharmacy or at facility IT equipment
- Sourcing/ordering parts that are required for ongoing equipment/supply maintenance when required
- Emergency medication delivery when required
- Assist with inventory and shipping duties at the pharmacy
- Assist with contractors when requested
- Reconditioning and storing equipment/supplies for future use
- Assist with relocation of pharmacy material and equipment when required
- Miscellaneous support functions when required
- Must maintain a good driving record and be able to routinely travel within the entire area serviced by the pharmacy dispensary location and to other pharmacy dispensary locations when required
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude and be able to troubleshoot
- Proven ability to foster strong partnerships with other team members
- Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Must have interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and be able to interact with persons in a professional manner
- Must be skilled in critical thought processes and be able to prioritize appropriately
- Must demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Must be able to travel within BC and stay overnight when required
- Must be self-directed requiring minimal supervision and able to work independently
- Must be motivated to achieve results that reflect a high standard of quality
- Must demonstrate good listening skills and be adaptable to changes in job environment
- Must be dependable and responsible in the execution of job duties
- Must be adaptable to changes with internal work changes
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office programs
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada, then we want to hear from you!
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!