LPN - Part-time Casual (Weekends) Mobile
At Pharmacare Pharmacy our focus is on the quality and safety of medications for our clients. This focus has gained us the reputation of being the leader in specialty pharmacy throughout Alberta. To uphold this reputation we pride ourselves in being a team of passionate individuals that believe in building strong relationships with our clients and maintaining quality assurance by using industry leading technology. We offer competitive benefits, encourage ongoing training and development and an atmosphere that inspires our employees to excel at assisting and caring for our clients.
To provide health and wellness activities such as working within a multi-disciplinary team, monitoring chronic disease states, provide health promotion and education, wellness events, blood pressure clinics and methadone run.
- Pharmacy Managers
- Clinical Pharmacists
- Clinical Administration Supervisor
- Clinical Administration Assistants
- All Pharmacare Fulfillment Centre Staff
- Account Managers
- Wellness Coordinators
- Family Members
- Physicians, other health care staff
- Site Management
- AHS Case Managers
- Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Alberta College of Pharmacists
- Alberta Health Services Continuing Care Pharmacists
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To provide and facilitate wellness activities
- Coordinates and completes site medication management audits at routine schedules based on contractual agreements. Feedback and summaries shared with partner sites and stored internally for awareness and tracking.
- To provide expertise as a member of the customer service’s team, which includes all key stakeholders, such as, but not limited to pharmacists, sales, marketing and operational team
- Employee will be held accountable for relationships with all stakeholders; such as but not limited to mental health agencies, retirement communities and residents/patients and their governing leadership team.
- Regularly provides feedback on the soundness and effectiveness of the customer service department’s policies and procedures and customer service quality.
- Facilitates the collection of competitive information in order to monitor business trends and opportunities.
- Responsible for actively ensuring the retention of the organization’s customer base which includes promoting the organization to existing customers.
- Works with the organization’s other branch/regional offices to resolve problems, facilitate solutions and enhance customer service offerings.
- Prepares, generates and distributes reports and order acknowledgements to appropriate personnel.
- Provides back-up support to other group members in the performance of job duties as required.
- Provides activity/statistical summary reports each month to supervisor.
- Co-ordinates or assists the organization's involvement in internal and external trade shows, events and presentations.
- Facilitates customer surveys when needed and conducts follow up visits to survey respondents who have concerns or questions.
- Initiates required action for response to customer service requests including the maintenance of billing/customer information files and communicates changes to the appropriate personnel/departments.
- Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Initiates all necessary actions to ensure customers have the correct health care information, coverage and other related documentation to assist with the correct financial coverage for services/medications and therefore billing for medications and other supplies will be accurate.
- Monitors clients general health and refer appropriately
- Conducts health screening activities such as blood pressure clinics
- Provides health promotion and education to seniors/clients and LPNs and HCAs
- Facilitates marketing initiatives and membership
- Facilitates providing feedback and communication with our clients
- Supports medication delivery and explanation of packaging
- Supports new site implementation activities and ongoing educational inservices (including assessment/testing of same). Includes start-up binder prep, contingency stock management, etc.
- Supports billing processes
- Other duties may be assigned where required.
- Experience and comfort with email and smartphone
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience and skills using computers and tablets such as an Ipad.
- Including basic proficiency with MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Enthusiastic personality
- Empathetic and passionate about healthcare
- Works great within a team
- Must be able to handle, resolve customer feedback in a professional timely manner at all times.
- The position requires excellent mobility with stairs and hallways in retirement residences
- Supplies are required to be carried or rolled on a mobile bag (<20-25 lbs.)
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Sales or Marketing experience would be an asset
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Interest in Continuous learning would be an asset
- Current Drivers License with ability to be mobile daily
- Must have your own vehicle to travel around the City of Edmonton.
The chosen candidate will be asked to undergo a criminal record check, basic security clearance and will be required to show proof of a valid driver’s license. The candidate must also carry appropriate professional insurance as required.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Your Care. Our Focus.
- Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basisuired by their regulatory association.
Our cores values are Passion, Quality, Patient-Centric, Relationships, and Innovation.
Your Career. Our Focus!