Registered Nurse - PAR (Casual)
At Centric Health we strive to offer the most innovative health and wellness solutions. Our unique brand of care includes: surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. We have over 800 dedicated healthcare professionals, consultants, and support staff who provide services nationally and operate six full accredited surgical centers. We service over 25,000 patients in care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario.
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse specializing in the PAR looking for a change? Are you looking to achieve excellence, roll up your sleeves and work with a team of highly qualified experts?
Then this is the place for you!
Canadian Surgery Solutions, a division of Centric Health, is a unique health care facility that provides medical assessment, surgical procedures and post-operative rehabilitation services for elective surgery in Calgary, Alberta Canada. Canadian Surgery Solutions has been fully accredited since 1997 ensuring the highest standards of care in the industry. Our nurses are ACLS Certified (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and our surgical staff consists of some of the most highly trained medical professionals in Canada.
This is an exciting opportunity for casual PAR Registered Nurses to join our roster.
As an RN with Canadian Surgery Solutions, you are responsible and accountable for providing direct patient care using the nursing process through the assessment, planning, implementation and on-going evaluation of patient needs. The RN will act in accordance with CARNA standards and scope of practice pertaining to the PAR patient and in accordance with facility policy and procedure. The RN must possess the skills, knowledge and experience to assess, treat and teach patients undergoing a variety and combination of operative procedures. The RN must demonstrate a professional and caring approach in dealing with clients, co-workers and supervisors. Possesses critical thinking and assessment skills.
Overview of Nature and Scope of work:
- Hands-on PAR activities and nursing tasks; providing appropriate assessment and care pre-op, intra-op and post-operation recovery
- Possess the skills, knowledge and experience to assess, treat and teach patients undergoing a variety and combination of operative procedures.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities to support the facility and national ORNAC Standards
- Acts in accordance with CARNA standards and scope of practice and in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate communication channels to disseminate information
- Demonstrates a professional and caring approach in dealing with clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, or equivalent
- Registered in good standing with or be eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- Completion of a recognized postgraduate critical care nursing certification program, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with Orthopaedics and Arthroscopy an asset
- Minimum of 2 years current related nursing experience required; 5 years preferred.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Current CPR Level HCP, or BLS Provider certification.
- Current ACLS certification.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
Your Career. Our Focus!