Regulated Pharmacy Technician
At Pharmacare Pharmacy our focus is on the quality and safety of medications for our clients. This focus has gained us the reputation of being the leader in specialty pharmacy throughout Alberta. To uphold this reputation we pride ourselves in being a team of passionate individuals that believe in building strong relationships with our clients and maintaining quality assurance by using industry leading technology. We offer competitive benefits, encourage ongoing training and development and an atmosphere that inspires our employees to excel at assisting and caring for our clients.
The Regulated Technician will provide safe and effective drug distribution services to numerous facilities. This will include gained knowledge in geriatrics and mental health medications. As well as developing quick and accurate checking skills to support final checks in compounding, compliance packaging and other prescription requirements.
- Ensure that all prescriptions are complete and authentic
- Provide final check in a team based workflow environment and also being involved in the quality assurance team
- Confirm accuracy and completeness of pharmaceutical products prepared for delivery
- Accept verbal prescriptions from prescribing authorities
- Perform the final check of prepared prescriptions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to time manage priorities and have strong organizational skills
- Able to benefit from coaching and instruction for quality processes
**Other duties will be assigned as required
Education and Experience:
- Accreditation as a Regulated Pharmacy Technician in good standing and adherence to the Standards of Practice with Alberta College of Pharmacists
- Knowledge of KROLL Pharmacy systems in a long term care setting would be an advantage
- Experience as a Regulated Technician is an asset
- Retail/Community/Long Term Care Pharmacy experience would be preferred
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today?
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!