Patient Care Coordinator (Team Lead) - Family Practice & Executive Health
A little over five years ago we started Centric Health with the belief that we could positively change the way healthcare is delivered to Canadians, and today we are Canada’s largest integrated healthcare provider and growing.
At Centric Health we strive to offer the most innovative health and wellness solutions. Our unique brand of care includes: surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. We have over 800 dedicated healthcare professionals, consultants, and support staff who provide services nationally and operate six full accredited surgical centers. We service over 25,000 patients in care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario.
Founded in 1996, False Creek Healthcare Centre, a division of Centric Health, is one of Canada’s most renowned independent health providers, offering world-class service to individuals seeking immediate access to high quality medical care in Canada. Services include advanced diagnostics, executive health, family practice, urgent care, surgeons, specialists, plastic surgery and more. False Creek’s team of over 100 physicians and surgeons are leaders in their fields, chosen for their professional qualifications and dedication to the care of others. They are leaders in their fields, with the highest degree of surgical skills, experience and knowledge available.
As Patient Care Coordinator/Team Lead, you are the face of False Creek. You are passionate about your work and perform with a high level of energy, reliability and pride. Customers and coworkers alike look forward to their interactions with you. Your administrative work is thorough, organized and detail-oriented. You have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and an ability to learn new software applications quickly. Your work experience demonstrates success in providing customer service and strong administrative support. Answering the telephone, greeting, and assisting client/patients.
- Provide support in the oversight of the day-to-day functions within the departments' administration team.
- Make recommendations to the Manager regarding process and work flow improvements.
- Foster a positive professional working environment.
- Answering the telephone, greeting, and assisting patients.
- Responding to inquiries and assisting patients, physicians and/or responsible agencies
- Scheduling patients in accordance with the multi-disciplinary health team members’ schedule. Confirming and liaising with team and patients.
- Coordinating services through referring specialists and outside agencies
- Completing administrative duties associated with patient bookings, file preparation, cost estimates, payment processing and information distribution.
- Review of patient charts for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform cross-functional responsibilities as assigned, or requested; performing other duties related to the job classification, as required.
- A Medical Office Administration diploma.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience working in a related role within the healthcare field; two years or greater would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of governing privacy legislation.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Oscar.
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve and analyze data.
- Superior, organizational and information management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Adaptable and flexible to deal with last minute changes to ensure highest level of service for staff and clients.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and well presented, professional with a strong customer service focus and great commercial awareness.
- Ability to work as part of a team demonstrating excellence in communication with staff, physicians, nurses and patients.
- Ability to work closely with others in a cooperative manner.
- Must be service oriented, reliable and pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity and discretion.
Your Career. Our Focus.
Your Career. Our Focus!