Regulated Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacare Pharmacy a division of Centric Health Group of Companies, our focus is on the quality and safety of medications for our clients. This focus has gained us the reputation of being the leader in specialty pharmacy throughout Alberta. To uphold this reputation we pride ourselves in being a team of passionate individuals that believe in building strong relationships with our clients and maintaining quality assurance by using industry leading technology. We offer competitive benefits, encourage ongoing training and development and an atmosphere that inspires our employees to excel at assisting and caring for our clients.
As a member of the Pharmacare Fulfillment Centre, you will provide safe and effective drug distribution services to numerous facilities. This will include gained knowledge in geriatrics and mental health medications. As well as developing quick and accurate checking skills to support final checks in compounding, compliance packaging and other prescription requirements.
- Regulated Technicians
- Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Pharmacy Assistants
- VP Operations
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure that all prescriptions are complete and authentic
- Provide final check in a team based workflow environment and also being involved in the quality assurance team
- Confirm accuracy and completeness of pharmaceutical products prepared for release
- Ensure proper storage and disposal of pharmaceutical products/medications in a manner consistent with legal and professional obligations
- Review complaints from internal/external customers and takes action to remedy the complaint including reporting to the Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Accept verbal prescriptions from prescribing authorities
- Perform the final check of prepared prescriptions
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- Is both familiar with and compliant with all record keeping requirements for controlled substances
- 40 – 60 words per minute
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Experience using KROLL in a long term care setting would be an asset.
- Work as part of a team – must be able to build and maintain strong team relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to benefit from coaching and instruction for quality processes
- Excellent customer and staff relations
- Exhibit well-developed organizational and prioritization skills coupled with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a good attendance record with the ability to maintain this same standard
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strategic thinker with excellent decision making skills
- Excellent attention to detail with a quality assurance (QA is critical) focus.
- High skill level in professionalism and energy,
- Must have a positive “go-getter” attitude and be cooperative with the team and direct supervisor at all times.
- This position requires the selected candidate to sit, stand and walk throughout the day.
- Strong stress management abilities
- Excellent memory skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Accreditation as a Regulated Pharmacy Technician in good standing and adherence to the Standards of Practice with the Alberta College of Pharmacists
- Experience as a Regulated Technician is an asset
- Knowledge of Kroll Pharmacy Systems (Level 2)
- Knowledge of all dispensary equipment
- Retail/Community/Long Term Care Pharmacy experience
- The chosen candidate may be asked to undergo a criminal record check and/or basic security clearance.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
We thank you for your interest and wish you all the best in your career search!
Your Career. Our Focus!