Director of Surgical
Joining False Creek!
Founded in 1996, False Creek Healthcare is one of Canada’s most renowned independent health providers, offering world-class service to individuals seeking immediate access to high quality medical care in Canada. Services include advanced diagnostics, executive health, family practice, urgent care, surgeons, specialists, plastic surgery and more. False Creek’s team of over 100 physicians and surgeons are leaders in their fields, chosen for their professional qualifications and dedication to the care of others. They are leaders in their fields, with the highest degree of surgical skills, experience and knowledge available.
False Creek Healthcare is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
The Director of Surgical is a hands on role with responsibility for providing professional supervision of nursing practice within the Operating Rooms, Post-Anesthetic Recovery Room, Diagnostics and Family Practice. This individual will act as a resource and will provide expertise, training and mentoring to members of the nursing team to ensure high quality, and safe delivery of care.
The Director of Surgical is a member of the facility management team and is responsible for a wide spectrum of responsibilities, and must be able to multitask and apply critical thinking skills by determining correct routing for issues.
Your Day To Day
- Promoting a climate of success and the highest level of service within the clinic by strong supportive leadership and a positive attitude
- Screening of patient charts on routine basis, as well as random chart audits.
- Ensuring quality improvement in the delivery of patient care
- Monitoring patient feedback to ensure high level of patient satisfaction
- Ensuring patient confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Solution focused approach to departmental challenges
- Reviews, develops and implements policies and procedures relating to the nursing departments
- Participating in facility accreditation process
- Recruiting, onboarding and orientating new team members
- Scheduling of staff in accordance with department, CPSBC standards, and BC Employment Standards requirements
- Performance management and ongoing assessment of training needs for nursing team
What You Bring To The Team
- Degree in Nursing is required
- Current CRNBC registration
- Charge Nurse experience
- Minimum 5 years nursing experience, preferably within the OR and/or PARR environment
- Experience in health/nursing management
- Prior experience working within a private facility setting is a strong asset
- Well-developed time management and organization skills
- Perioperative and/or critical care/post-anesthesia recovery room nursing certification program
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Current BCLS
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!