Registered Nurse (PACU)
We are one of Canada’s most renowned independent health care providers, offering a comprehensive vision of healthcare since 1996: Family Practice, Surgeons & Specialists, Advanced Diagnostics, Health Assessments, and Cosmetics all under one roof.
Our patients come from all across Canada, the US, and overseas. They receive immediate world-class care through our extraordinary team of medical professionals and state-of-the-art centre.
Located in the heart of Vancouver, False Creek Healthcare Centre is designed to offer expedited services to patients.
Are you a go getter looking to make a change? Are you looking to achieve excellence, roll up your sleeves and are a great problem solver? Then this is the place for you!
This is an exciting opportunity for Registered Nurses with PACU experience.
This active, hands-on PACU RN role will work closely with and under supervision of the Director of Surgical Services and the Nursing Team Leads to support the needs of the facility. The RN is responsible and accountable for providing direct patient care using the nursing process through the assessment, planning, implementation and on-going evaluation of patient needs.
Overview of Nature and Scope of work:
- Hands-on PACU activities and nursing tasks; providing appropriate assessment and care pre-op, intra-op and post-operation recovery
- Clinically knowledgeable and competent
- Possess the skills, knowledge and experience to assess, treat and teach patients undergoing a variety and combination of operative procedures.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities to support the facility and national ORNAC Standards
- Acts in accordance with CRNBC standards and scope of practice and in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate communication channels to disseminate information
- Demonstrates a professional and caring approach in dealing with patients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Graduate of a recognized Registered Nursing Program
- Registered in good standing with, or be eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Minimum of 3 years current PACU or critical care nursing experience required; 5 years preferred.
- Completion of an approved postgraduate PACU nursing certification program, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- ENT, Ortho, general Surgery and plastics experience an asset
- Current (taken within 2 years) CPR-HCP, or BLS Provider
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your Career. Our Focus!
Your Career. Our Focus!