The Operations Pharmacy Manager is responsible for all day-to-day activities affecting the people, operations and merchandise of the pharmacy. Supervision of the pharmacy operations and staff is also the responsibility of the Operations Pharmacy Manager. The Operations Pharmacy Manager must ensure that the pharmacy operates according to company policy, professional standards, and provincial and federal laws.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plans, supervises and evaluates the day-to-day workflow of the pharmacy, determines needs relating to daily workload and ensures the pharmacy is adequately and appropriately staffed
- Generate and interpret weekly and monthly reports from the pharmacy dispensing system and report to the Director of Operations
- Control and monitor inventory of both drugs and supplies while monitoring expiration dates of all drug products
- Advise customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health-care supplies
- Provide information and advice regarding administration, usage, drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage
- Ensure proper storage and disposal of pharmaceutical products/medications in a manner consistent with legal and professional obligations
- Ensure all prescriptions are filled accurately, efficiently and safely
- Maintain customer medication profiles and records, including but not limited to pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, etc.
- Operate pharmacy computer, register equipment and other assigned tools
- Protect company assets
- Delegates job assignments and responsibilities to dispensary employees
- Creates an environment that encourages staff to report/resolve complicated issues
- Receives verbal Rx orders and accurately reduces same to writing in adherence with local laws and regulations
- Evaluate appropriateness of prescription orders with consideration for patient safety and legal requirements
- Consults as necessary
- Completes third party reporting as well as any additional financial reporting required
- In conjunction with Vice President all staffing activities for the department to ensure appropriate coverage and operational effectiveness; flexes staff to meet department needs in accordance with established procedures.
- Coordinates and supervises the compounding and dispensing of drugs according to medication orders issued by authorized medical care providers and is responsible for the timely processing of medication orders and the distribution of medications
- Reviews complaints from internal/external customers and takes action to remedy the complaint.
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- Work as part of a team – must be able to build and maintain strong team relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to time manage priorities and be very organized.
- Works under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strategic thinker with excellent decision making skills
- Willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
- Must have emotional intelligence
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent Attention to Detail with a Quality Assurance (QA is critical) focus.
- High skill level in professionalism and energy,
- Must have a positive “go-getter” attitude and be cooperative with the team and direct supervisor at all times.
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from an accredited school
- Licensed Pharmacist in the Province of Alberta
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Knowledge of Kroll Pharmacy Systems
- 5+ years as a Pharmacy Manager is an asset
- Supervisory experience mandatory
- Knowledge of all dispensary equipment
- Long Term Care pharmacy experience preferred
- The chosen candidate will be asked to undergo criminal record check
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
WE OFFER A COMPETITIVE SALARY, GROUP BENEFIT PACKAGE AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXPAND YOUR CAREER IN PHARMCEUTICAL.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today?
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Your Career. Our Focus!