Registered Nurses (RN) - Operating Room OR Recovery (Peds or Adults)
Joining Maples Surgical Centre!
Located in Winnipeg, Maples Surgical Centre has fully equipped state – of – the art operating room, six recovery beds, and three short stay rooms. Maples offers a broad range of procedures in plastic surgery, orthopedic surgery, cataract surgery, pain management, as well as pediatric dentistry.
These active, hands-on OR or PARR RN role will work closely with and under supervision of the Nurse Manager and the OR Team Lead to support the needs of the facility. The RN is responsible and accountable for providing direct patient care using the nursing process through the assessment, planning, implementation and on-going evaluation of patient needs.
Your Day To Day
- Hands-on OR or PARR activities and nursing tasks; providing appropriate assessment and care pre-op, intra-op and post-operation recovery
- Clinically knowledgeable and competent
- Possess the skills, knowledge and experience to assess, treat and teach patients undergoing a variety and combination of operative procedures.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities to support the facility and national ORNAC Standards
- Acts in accordance with CRNM standards and scope of practice and in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate communication channels to disseminate information
- Demonstrates a professional and caring, teamwork approach in dealing with clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Registered in good standing with or be eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of MB (CRNM)
- Minimum of 2 years current OR or Recovery pediatric nursing experience required; 5 years preferred.
- Completion of an approved postgraduate OR nursing certification program, or equivalent combination of training and experience an asset
- Graduate of a recognized Nursing Program
- ENT, Ortho, Dental. General Surgery and Plastics experience an asset
- Current CPR ‘B’
- Current PALS or ACLS an asset
- Crossed trained, education or experience in Post Anesthetic Recovery Room (PARR) an asset
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare provider, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!