Regulated Pharmacy Technician
CareRx was created with one goal in mind – to provide the best possible pharmacy experience for care facilities, retirement homes and home nursing. We have developed our business model from the perspective of the customers and partners that we hope to service. Locally owned and operated, CareRx is invested in the community and committed to improving the lives and care needs for residents and their families. Our management team has over 40 years’ experience servicing the community through our ownership and management of other retail pharmacy outlets in British Columbia. CareRX is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada.
We are searching for a Regulated Pharmacy Technician. The successful applicant will be working in a very fast-paced growing environment that uses a wide number of different technologies where security and compliance are critical to success. The ability to quickly problem-solve while still maintaining accuracy, attention to detail and compliance with best practices is essential.
You will be required to work as an integral part of a diverse team under the general direction of the Pharmacy Manager and Pharmacist, the Registered Pharmacy Technician is responsible for leading the workflow of the pharmacy station, ensuring that all prescriptions are dispensed accurately. You will be responsible for overseeing the staff workflow at the station and ensuring prescriptions are dispensed in compliance with provincial and federal laws, standards and regulations which govern the practice of pharmacy.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Acting as the key point of contact, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer care to LTC homes and retirement communities providing support as needed to ensure outstanding care and service at all times
- Collaborate with all members of the pharmacy team to ensure medication orders are dispensed accurately, safely, timely and completely while optimizing medication continuity and resident outcomes
- Complete daily tasks in accordance with established work place policies and procedures
- Consult with members of the pharmacy management team when there are unresolved issues surrounding day to day work functions
- Communicate with all members of the resident care team while maintaining professionalism by following corporate policies to ensure the highest standard of customer care, optimal resident care and quality of pharmacy service at all times
- Participate in the after-hours on-call rotation/schedule as required
- Maintain accurate, organized and complete resident health records ensuring appropriate documentation and continuity of care at all times
- Follow all provincial and federal laws, standards and regulations which govern the practise of pharmacy
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring pharmacy inventory
- Participate in the training and support for newly hired and existing pharmacy team members when required
- Participate in ongoing continuing education, remaining current in pharmaceutical, medical and professional licensing information in addition to corporate updates, policies, and standards
- Prepare and compound medications when required
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager or Pod Pharmacist
- Ensure that all prescriptions are complete and authentic
- Provide final check in a team based workflow environment and also being involved in the
quality assurance team
- Confirm accuracy and completeness of pharmaceutical products prepared for delivery
- Accept verbal prescriptions from prescribing authorities
- Perform the final check of prepared prescriptions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to time manage priorities and have strong organizational skills
- Able to benefit from coaching and instruction for quality processes
- Other duties will be assigned as required
What you bring to the team
- Proven ability to foster strong partnerships with other members of the health care team
- Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
- Demonstrated high level of fluency in both written and spoken English
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with persons of varying levels of professional expertise in a professional and mature manner
- Motivation to achieve results that reflect a high standard of quality
- Must demonstrate good listening skills and be adaptable to internal work changes and changes in job environment
Education and Experience:
- University/College degree; Certificate of Qualification for Pharmacy Technician (The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada)
- Accreditation as a Regulated Pharmacy Technician in good standing
- Knowledge of KROLL Pharmacy systems in a Long Term Care setting would be an advantage
- Retail/Community/Long Term Care Pharmacy experience preferred
- The chosen candidate may be asked to undergo a criminal record check and/or basic security clearance.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today?
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Your Career. Our Focus!