Pharmacy Assistant (6 Month Contract)
About Classic Care
Classic Care Pharmacy was founded in 1996 for the purpose of exclusively providing medication and consulting services to Long Term Care Homes and Retirement Residences. With locations in London, Burlington and Ottawa, Classic Care currently service many Municipal, Non-Profit and For-Profit homes throughout Ontario. Classic Care’s dynamic team is comprised of Certified Geriatric Consultant Pharmacists, Certified Diabetes Educators, Registered Nurses, Technology Coordinators, Certified Pharmacy Technicians, Senior Account Executive, and Customer Care Representatives. They are all dedicated professionals specializing in geriatric care with their primary focus on meeting the unique needs of the residents.
The Pharmacy Assistant plays an important role in the quality and safety of our medications. They assist in the preparation, packaging and organization of the medication deliveries, which requires an exceptional attention to detail. Their support to the Pharmacists and Technicians is essential to maintaining our quality standards. Classic Care is looking for a Pharmacy Assistant to work at the Burlington location. As a Pharmacy Assistant you will report to the Pharmacy Management team.
Your Day to Day
- Ensuring accurate documentation of completed work as per policies and procedures
- Preparing prescriptions (gathering data from nursing staff) to be filled via dispensary software
- Processing, adjudicating, dispensing, and filling prescriptions
- Preparing compounds, creams, liquids, etc.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and ethical standards
What You Bring To The Team
- Experience as a Pharmacy Assistant or certification from an accredited Pharmacy Assistant program
- Working knowledge of pharmacy calculations
- Visual acuity, numeracy, detail oriented, manual dexterity appropriate for handling strip packs, prescription bottles and labels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, able to maintain a professional demeanor when speaking with clientele. Remains calm under pressure and is able to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service experience; strong motivation to succeed
- Possess a positive, cooperative and team-oriented attitude
- Experience with KROLL and Medicare/E-care an asset
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!