National Pharmacy Billing Specialist (12 Month Contract)
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
The Pharmacy Billing Specialist is a key member of the Centric Health team focused on driving company-wide initiatives to completion by focusing on operational billing enhancements, program development and front line execution of billing initiatives.
Your Day To Day
- Manage the review, design, documentation and continuous enhancement of new and existing billing policies and procedures in pharmacy systems, nationally
- Identify, assess and implement projects that improve business billing and development including the development of training materials, and training of staff across the organization
- Identify errors and gaps in current third party and provincial pharmacy billing and develop and implement solutions
- Develop, manage and maintain relationships with Directors, Senior Management, and Mid-Level management across the company
- Develop and perform intermittent audits of billing and pharmacy systems to ensure systems are being used accurately and optimized
- Work collaboratively with other team members including Pharmacy Operations Managers, Pharmacy Managers, Pharmacy Directors, and the Chief Operating Officer for a wide variety of activities surround the pharmacy’ system and billing procedures
- Follows all provincial and federal laws, standards and regulations which govern the practice and billing of pharmacy at all times
- Provide exceptional customer care to LTC homes and retirement communities serviced by Centric Health providing support to ensure the highest standard of customer care, optimal resident care and quality of pharmacy service
- Maintain an updated understanding of provincial and third party insurance formularies and funding models to support overall billing optimization
What You Bring To The Team
- 3+ years of experience working in a pharmacy setting
- Expert knowledge in provincial and third party billing across Canada
- Must be familiar with the provincial standards of practice established for LTC pharmacies and have an understanding of provincial regulations governing pharmacy
- Advanced knowledge of Kroll Windows application and Microsoft Office programs including database applications
- Experience supporting pharmacy operations on a national level preferred
- Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
- Proven ability to foster strong partnerships with other members of the healthcare team
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and be able to interact with persons of varying levels of professional expertise in a professional and mature manner
- Skilled in critical thought processes and be able to prioritize appropriately
- Dependable and responsible in the execution of job duties
- Self-directed requiring minimal supervision and able to work independently
- Must demonstrate good listening skills and be adaptable to changes in job environment
- Availability to travel to pharmacy sites nationally if required (10-20%)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!