Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Casual, Operating Room (OR)
Joining False Creek!
Founded in 1996, False Creek Healthcare is one of Canada’s most renowned independent health providers, offering world-class service to individuals seeking immediate access to high quality medical care in Canada. Services include advanced diagnostics, executive health, family practice, urgent care, surgeons, specialists, plastic surgery and more. False Creek’s team of over 100 physicians and surgeons are leaders in their fields, chosen for their professional qualifications and dedication to the care of others. They are leaders in their fields, with the highest degree of surgical skills, experience and knowledge available.
False Creek Healthcare is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
As an LPN with False Creek Healthcare Centre, you are responsible and accountable for providing direct patient care. LPNs will practice in accordance with the standards, scope and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC (CLPNBC), and in accordance with facility policies and procedures. The LPN must possess the skills, knowledge and experience to assess, treat and teach patients while demonstrating a professional and caring approach in dealing with clients, co-workers and supervisors. This role is for casual, part time LPNs to support our OR.
Your Day To Day
- Hands-on nursing activities and tasks; providing appropriate assessment and care pre-op, intra-op and post-operation recovery
- Possess the skills, knowledge and experience to assess, treat and teach patients undergoing a variety and combination of operative procedures.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities to support the facility and national ORNAC Standards
- Acts in accordance with standards and scope of practice and in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate communication channels to disseminate information
- Demonstrates a professional and caring approach in dealing with clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Scrubbing duties and additional functions as part of the surgical team
- Graduation from an approved program for Practical Nurses.
- Must have completed a recognized operating room certification program including both theory and practical components.
- Must hold current CPR level HCP (BLS)
- Current registration with the CLPNBC.
- A minimum of two years experience in a related position.
- Venipuncture training and experience preferred.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, good observation and patient assessment skills.
- Demonstrate tact and empathy.
- Work independently and cooperatively as part of multidisciplinary teams.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you! Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.Your Care. Our Focus
Your Career. Our Focus!