About Classic Care
Classic Care Pharmacy was founded in 1996 for the purpose of exclusively providing medication and consulting services to Long Term Care Homes and Retirement Residences. With locations in London, Burlington and Ottawa, Classic Care currently services many Municipal, Non-Profit and For-Profit homes throughout Ontario. Classic Care’s dynamic team is comprised of Certified Geriatric Consultant Pharmacists, Certified Diabetes Educators, Registered Nurses, Technology Coordinators, Certified Pharmacy Technicians, Senior Account Executive, and Customer Care Representatives. They are all dedicated professionals specializing in geriatric care with their primary focus on meeting the unique needs of the residents.
Under the general direction of the designated Pharmacy Manager and Assistant Pharmacy Manager, the Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring that all prescriptions are dispensed accurately and safely while providing pharmaceutical patient care ensuring the highest level of therapeutic appropriateness for residents. Prescriptions are to be dispensed in compliance with provincial and federal laws, standards and regulations which govern the practice of pharmacy.
Your Day To Day
- Collaborates with all members of the pharmacy team to ensure medication orders are dispensed accurately, safely, timely and completely while optimizing medication continuity and resident outcomes
- Completes daily tasks in accordance with established work place policies and procedures
- Consults with members of the pharmacy management team when there are unresolved issues surrounding day to day work functions
- Provides exceptional customer care to LTC homes and retirement communities serviced by Classic Care Pharmacy providing support as needed to ensure outstanding care and service at all times
- Develop, standardize, monitor and maintain infusion and specialty compounding services across all Classic Care Pharmacy locations
- Collaborate and support the IV Lead representatives from each pharmacy location
- Lead and collaborate with Classic Care Pharmacy team members and corporate partners to develop and update the infusion and specialty compounding program and standard operating related material
- Key internal and external stakeholder contact for infusion and specialty compounding functions for Classic Care Pharmacy
- Design, maintain and deliver the infusion and specialty compounding education training program for internal and external care partners and stakeholders
- Maintain current in their knowledge of current and future infusion and specialty compounding products, devices and services as applicable, in addition to monitoring changing market forces and practices
- Communicates with all members of the resident care team while maintaining professionalism by following corporate policies to ensure the highest standard of customer care, optimal resident care and quality of pharmacy service at all times
- Participates in the after-hours on-call pharmacist rotation/schedule
- Maintains accurate, organized and complete resident health records ensuring appropriate documentation and continuity of care at all times
- Conduct resident medication regimen/profile reviews with associated documentation of recommendations and follow associated billings processes when applicable
- Follows all provincial and federal laws, standards and regulations which govern the practise of pharmacy at all times
- Follows all corporate regulations, policies and procedures at all times
- Assists in maintaining and monitoring of pharmacy inventory
- Participates in the training and support for newly hired and existing pharmacy team members when required
- Participates in ongoing continuing education, remaining current in pharmaceutical, medical and professional licensing information in addition to corporate updates, policies, and standards
- Prepare and compound medications when required
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
What You Bring To The Team
- Insured and currently licensed in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (Part A)
- Proven ability to foster strong partnerships with other members of the health care team
- Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
- Must have a demonstrated high level of fluency in both written and spoken English
- Must have knowledge of Kroll Windows application and all applicable eMAR platforms
- Must have an understanding of provincial regulations governing LTC homes and Retirement Communities
- Must be familiar with the provincial standards of practice established for LTC pharmacies
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and be able to interact with persons of varying levels of professional expertise in a professional and mature manner
- Must be highly organized and possess excellent time management skills
- Must be skilled in critical thought processes and be able to prioritize appropriately
- Must demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Must be self-directed requiring minimal supervision and able to work independently
- Must be motivated to achieve results that reflect a high standard of quality
- Must demonstrate good listening skills and be adaptable to changes in job environment
- Must be dependable and responsible in the execution of job duties
- Must be adaptable to changes with internal work changes
- Strong teaching skills
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!