Manager, Human Resources and Health and Safety
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
The Manager, Human Resources and Health and Safety will provide leadership and guidance to a team of Regional Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP) to achieve the business priorities. The Manager will be responsible for supporting the execution of a full range of HR initiatives related to employee relations, performance management, talent acquisition, talent management, change management, employee engagement. This position will also provide leadership in evaluating the organization's Health and Safety performance and identifying recurring issues and recommending changes to programs, processes and policies to improve the organization’s health and safety compliance and performance.
Your Day to Day
- Lead, develop, coach and manage a team of regional HR professionals.
- Develop a Health and Safety strategy and ensure consistent and effective delivery to each region.
- Partner with head office to develop and deliver HR projects and initiatives and roll out to the regions.
- Effectively coach leadership in matters relating to people, HR processes, employment practices, HR programs and corresponding impact on the business.
- In partnership with the HRBP’s and business leaders, reinforce the appropriate application of HR policies, operational processes, standards and procedures to ensure alignment with the organization's vision, mission and values and to ensure adherence with legislative requirements.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date regarding legislation changes or changes that affect human resources and the organization in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
- Develop, implement and monitor enterprise wide safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company standards as well as industry regulations.
- Partner with the HR Business Partners and provide leadership and support to all locations in the delivery of health, safety and environmental programs as well as any legislation changes that may impact the organization.
- Provide a framework and oversight to the Joint Health and Safety Committee to ensure compliance and effectiveness.
- Research and stay current with health and safety industry trends; identify opportunities to be innovative in program development and delivery.
- Review audits and evaluate the health and safety management system and hazard controls.
- Full understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia legislation that govern health and safety
- 7+ years of progressive Human Resources and Health Safety experience in a multi-site environment.
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role managing a team of HR professionals
- University Degree or College Diploma with a CHRL or CHRE designation or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of Provincial Ontario, Alberta, BC, Occupational Health and Safety Acts and Regulations, WSIB/WorkSafe legislation.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to multi-task
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!