Manager, Medical Administration
Joining False Creek!
Founded in 1996, False Creek Healthcare is one of Canada’s most renowned independent health providers, offering world-class service to individuals seeking immediate access to high quality medical care in Canada. Services include advanced diagnostics, executive health, family practice, urgent care, surgeons, specialists, plastic surgery and more. False Creek’s team of over 100 physicians and surgeons are leaders in their fields, chosen for their professional qualifications and dedication to the care of others. They are leaders in their fields, with the highest degree of surgical skills, experience and knowledge available.
The Manager, Medical Administration is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Surgical, Diagnostics and Family Practice Administrative teams. They support the vision of the organization to be a leader in healthcare delivery and to provide the best patient, employee and supplier experience.
Your Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Daily supervision of team members; ensuring that direct reports provide a high level of patient care/customer service and that company policy and procedures are followed in all areas of their job duties
- Provide management and direction of the administrative team’s patient care needs
- Responsible for the review and continued improvement of departmental processes and work flow
- Develop and implement growth opportunities within the business
- Anticipate future changes in service delivery and develop transition strategies that optimize resource utilization and ultimately improve efficiency and quality of patient care
- Ensure that the strategic objectives and operational plans are carried out to provide efficient and effective delivery of health care services within a client centred environment
- Plan, organize and direct day-to-day clinical programs and their administrative services
- Select and hire administrative staff within the approved staff model including the planning, orientation and ongoing training of staff
- Assess the need for and recommend equipment and facility improvement priorities from a quality and cost-benefit standpoint
- Work collaboratively with other departments within the Centre in order to schedule patients in accordance with the facility and surgeons’ schedules for any needed referrals.
- Respond to and resolve staff and patient concerns when these concerns fall outside of expected functions (operations) of the centre
What You Bring to The Team:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a management or similar position within the healthcare industry
- Strong leadership, organizational, problem solving and decision making skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to deal with last minute changes to ensure highest level of service for staff and clients
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve and analyze computer data
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Team player capable of interacting professionally with staff, physicians and surgeons, nurses, and patients
- Medical Terminology is preferred
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Your Career. Our Focus!