MRI Technologist (Casual)
Joining False Creek!
Founded in 1996, False Creek Healthcare is one of Canada’s most renowned independent health providers, offering world-class service to individuals seeking immediate access to high quality medical care in Canada. Services include advanced diagnostics, executive health, family practice, urgent care, surgeons, specialists, plastic surgery and more. False Creek’s team of over 100 physicians and surgeons are leaders in their fields, chosen for their professional qualifications and dedication to the care of others. They are leaders in their fields, with the highest degree of surgical skills, experience and knowledge available.
Are you a go-getter looking to make a change? Are you looking to work in a learning environment where growth opportunities are possible? Do you want to work with a close knit group of inter-professionals at a great location?
This is an exciting opportunity based at the False Creek Healthcare Centre facility located in Vancouver for a Casual Part Time MRI Technologist. False Creek Healthcare Centre in Vancouver B.C, utilizes some of the world’s most innovative state-of-the-art equipment, such as the 3.0 Tesla MRI which produces high resolution images two times more detailed than regular MRI. False Creek Healthcare not only provides rapid access to the most advanced equipment, but also expert diagnostic reporting from renowned Canadian radiologists and technologists.
As an MRI Technologist, you will perform a variety of scans using a GE 3.0T HDxt MRI scanner in accordance with departmental policy and procedures, while observing safe radiological practices.
- Receiving and completing requisitions
- Entering relevant data into the radiology information system
- Preparing patients for specific procedures
- Operating computerized imaging equipment including processing and archiving of acquired data
- Monitoring patient during procedures, and monitoring equipment performance.
Type of Scans: Brain and Spinal Cord, Bone & Joint , Spine and Back, Chest and Abdomen, Pelvic Organs, Prostate and Breast
Specialized Scans: Cardiac, TBI, Breast, Prostate
Patient Population: Adults
- Current registration with the BCAMRT/CAMRT, with certification in MRI
- Post diploma program in MRI, or recognized equivalent with MRI certification
- Completion of Intravenous Therapy training course
- A minimum of three years previous experience with similar equipment is preferred
- Broad knowledge of PACS/Radiology Information Systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Experience with X-Ray and CT is an asset
- Current CPR Certification
- Demonstrated competency and perception in the manipulation and selection of MR images
- Exceptional client service skills and friendly demeanour is essential
- Ability to function as a team player and maintain positive and professional demeanor with staff, physicians and surgeons, nurses, and patients.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Adaptability and flexibility to deal with last minute changes to ensure highest level of service for staff and clients
- Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Flexibility to accommodate changing schedules.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs
Your Career. Our Focus!