Clinical Nurse Consultant (RN)
About Classic Care
Classic Care Pharmacy was founded in 1996 for the purpose of exclusively providing medication and consulting services to Long Term Care Homes and Retirement Residences. With locations in London, Burlington and Ottawa, Classic Care currently service many Municipal, Non-Profit and For-Profit homes throughout Ontario. Classic Care’s dynamic team is comprised of Certified Geriatric Consultant Pharmacists, Certified Diabetes Educators, Registered Nurses, Technology Coordinators, Certified Pharmacy Technicians, Senior Account Executive, and Customer Care Representatives. They are all dedicated professionals specializing in geriatric care with their primary focus on meeting the unique needs of the residents.
As a Registered Nurse licensed with the CNO, the Clinical Nurse Consultant will be an active member of the Classic Care Pharmacy Clinical Team working collaboratively with Clinical Nurses, Consultant Pharmacists, Pharmacy Liaisons, Pharmacy Program Managers and Pharmacy Managers.
The Clinical Nurse Consultant will act as a key resource and Subject Matter Expert when required for projects and activities supporting Long Term Care homes, Retirement Communities and Classic Care Pharmacy.
Your Day to Day
Act as an Educator and Subject Matter Expert for:
- Nursing and Training Programs
- Infusion Therapy Program
- Classic Care eMAR Program
- Pharmacy transition processes, as applicable
- Perform duties and accountabilities of the “Pharmacy Liaison”, including:
- Completion of audits within Long Term Care (LTC) and Retirement communities
- Completion/collaboration in the development of medication audit follow-up improvement plans when applicable
- Conduct on-site process oriented education sessions within scope of practice, as applicable (e.g. policy and procedure, web portal, eMAR, influenza protocol, wound care, infusion therapy, etc.)
- Support LTC Homes and Retirement communities in ongoing review and evaluation of their medication management program to promote quality outcomes and optimal Resident care
- Participate in pharmacy-related transition processes (e.g new client transitions, eMAR transitions, etc.)
- Act as an education and pharmacy support resource for LTC homes, Retirement communities and pharmacy team members
- Attend/participate in professional conferences, education seminars, and trade shows, when applicable
- Collaborate with Classic Care Pharmacy Team to coordinate special projects and/or activities for educational and customer support purposes
- Support incontinence care training and assessment programs in Retirement communities, when applicable, as part of the ClassMed program
- Attend and actively participate in clinical team meetings
- Be accountable for delivering Classic Care programs to external stakeholders within established program framework (i.e. Nursing/UCP Program, eMAR Program, Infusion Program, Audit Program, etc.)
- Collaborate with Classic Care Pharmacy Team and corporate partners to develop and update company programs when applicable
- Collaborate with the Classic Care Pharmacy Team to ensure provincially legislated standards are current in training materials and being met in Retirement communities and LTC homes
- Collaborate with the ClassMed team for incontinence products and programs
- Participate in business development initiatives in conjunction with the Director of Business Development and Business Development Manager
What You Bring To The Team
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to LTC homes and Retirement Communities (30%)
- Must have:
- excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- exceptional oral and written communication
- ability to interact with persons of varying levels of professional expertise in a professional and mature manner
- Must demonstrate a high level of fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Complete understanding of provincial regulations governing LTC homes and Retirement communities
- Must be familiar with the provincial standards of practice established for LTC pharmacies and College of Nurses working with Unregulated Care Providers
- Experience with Infusion Therapy, including experience in IV maintenance and/or IV starts required
- Knowledge and experience of best practice guidelines for wound management
- Working experience with eMAR programs is required
- Must be self-directed requiring minimal supervision and able to work independently
- Excellent listening skills and ability to adapt to changes in job environment
- Must have strong presentation and teaching skills
- Experience developing training materials using multiple formats
- LTC and/or Retirement sector experience
- Trainer and/or Adult Education delivery experience
- Experience in Specialty Pharmacy
- IV Certification is an asset
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we provide pharmacy services to over 25,000 patients in long term care homes and retirement communities, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!