At Pharmacare Pharmacy our focus is on the quality and safety of medications for our clients. This focus has gained us the reputation of being the leader in specialty pharmacy throughout Alberta. To uphold this reputation we pride ourselves in being a team of passionate individuals that believe in building strong relationships with our clients and maintaining quality assurance by using industry leading technology. We offer competitive benefits, encourage ongoing training and development and an atmosphere that inspires our employees to excel at assisting and caring for our clients.
The Pharmacy Assistant plays an important role in the quality and safety of our medications. They assist in the preparation, packaging and organization of the medication deliveries, which requires an exceptional attention to detail. Their support to the Pharmacists and Technicians is essential to maintaining our quality standards.
You must be a team player and able to work independently.
Ability to work well under pressure and experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Adhere to all applicable policies, standards and procedures
- Prepare medication for vial clients
- Maintain workflow and receipt of medication within 15 minutes of receipt of prescription
- To assist in receiving and basic data entry of new prescriptions
- Receive and restock medications
- Prepare daily and weekly delivery orders
- Replenish shelves with reorder medications
- Maintain stock levels and order when required
- To prepare manual and automated compliance packaging
- To assist with filing of prescriptions ensuring accurate documentation
- Ensure area is clean and free of garbage and debris at all times
Education and Experience:
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma
- KROLL system experience
- Experience with PacMed and SynMed Systems an asset (specifically for production team)
- Compliance Packaging experience
- Experience in a long term care setting would be an asset
- 2 plus years experience in the dispensary pharmacy or equivalent
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!