Regional IT Field Support Lead - BC
About Centric Health
A little over five years ago we started Centric Health with the belief that we could positively change the way healthcare is delivered to Canadians, and today we are Canada’s largest integrated healthcare provider and growing.
At Centric Health we strive to offer the most innovative health and wellness solutions. Our unique brand of care includes: surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. We have over 800 dedicated healthcare professionals, consultants, and support staff who provide services nationally and operate six fully accredited surgical centers. We service over 25,000 patients in care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
About False Creek Healthcare Centre
Founded in 1996, False Creek Healthcare Centre, a division of Centric Health, is one of Canada’s most renowned independent health providers, offering world-class service to individuals seeking immediate access to high quality medical care in Canada. Services include advanced diagnostics, executive health, family practice, urgent care, surgeons, specialists, plastic surgery and more. False Creek’s team of over 100 physicians and surgeons are leaders in their fields, chosen for their professional qualifications and dedication to the care of others. They are leaders in their fields, with the highest degree of surgical skills, experience and knowledge available.
False Creek Healthcare Centre is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada's largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Information Technology and local facility managers, the Regional IT Field Support Lead – BC, will ensure the timely and efficient onsite technical support of the False Creek Healthcare Centre. In partnership with Corporate IT support, the Regional Support Lead will provide remote technical support to the Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto Area surgical centres. The Regional Support Lead will from time to time will be asked to assist in providing support to the pharmacy division in the Vancouver area.
The Regional Support Lead will also participate in implementing and supporting Centric Corporate “Shared Services” policies, procedures, and projects, such as e-mail systems, security systems, asset management tools, and ticketing systems.
This position will be based at the False Creek Healthcare Centre but may require occasional travel to other supported Centric Locations. After hours or weekend support may be needed from time to time to support special projects or after-hours maintenance windows.
Key Job Activities
- Daily management of support requests (helpdesk tickets, processing phone calls, emails)
- Daily IT support coverage for the region, including onsite, remote, and field support as needed
- Server and workstation setup and support
- IT documentation and asset control
- Management of IT projects through planning, implementation and maintenance stages
- Procurement of IT equipment and software
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or a related technical discipline - an equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience will also be considered
- Excellent understanding of infrastructure technology, including:
- Server room operations
- Security tools
- Service desk processes and tools
- Backup processes and tools
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server platforms
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Productivity Tools
- Experience administering and using Microsoft SQL
- Experience managing IP phone systems
- Experience supporting mobile devices
- Experience supporting large multi-function printers and small desktop printers
- Experience with remote management tools and techniques
- Experience with Office 365 and Azure
- Understanding of IT project management methods and techniques
- Additional technical skills not required, but considered an asset, include:
- Familiarity supporting Mac computers
- Experience supporting peripheral medical devices
- Experience administering and using Microsoft Dynamics
- Familiarity administering / supporting LAMP stack
- Familiarity managing websites (WordPress)
- PowerShell scripting
- Excellent problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to self-start and willingness to learn new skills
- Comfort working in a fast-changing environment
- Service-oriented in both hardware and software spaces
- Professional and courteous
- Excellent time and workload management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize to prioritize direction given by multiple site leaders within the assigned region
If this sounds like you, and you are looking to be a part of one of the largest independent healthcare providers in Canada, then we want to hear from you.
Your Care. Our Focus. At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!