Tuck Shop Coordinator
CareRx was created with one goal in mind – to provide the best possible pharmacy experience for care facilities, retirement homes and home nursing. We have developed our business model from the perspective of the customers and partners that we hope to service. Locally owned and operated, CareRx is invested in the community and committed to improving the lives and care needs for residents and their families. Our management team has over 40 years’ experience servicing the community through our ownership and management of other retail pharmacy outlets in British Columbia. CareRX is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
This exciting new position at CareRx Integrated Pharmacy offers the successful candidate the opportunity to be at the forefront of clinical pharmacy and sustaining an aging in place environment CareRx is a provincial leader in providing clinical services across the province of British Columbia. Our vision is to provide our clients with proven programs for the management of chronic diseases.
In addition, you will be working in a fast-paced long-term care pharmacy environment providing support for day-to-day activities.
As the Tuck Shop Manager you will provide:
- First point of contact for patients and customers
- Sales and assistance for over the counter products
- Communication regarding events, bills, delivery, and programs
- Medication delivery within building
- Reorder of medication refills and OTC store inventory
- Greeting customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Pharmacy technicians
- Pharmacy Operations Manager
- Client families
- Building manager
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Sales of OTC products
- Reorder of medication refills and OTC products
- Sign up and sales for new clients to Pharmacare
- Delivery of missed medication deliveries within building
- Stock front store order
- Main phone contact
- Print paper
- Fax prescriptions
- Create order list for daily order
- Assist customers in front store
- Point of Sale software
- Fax and copy machine
- Microsoft office skills
- Cash Handling
- Work as part of a team - must be able to build and maintain strong team relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to time manage priorities and be very organized.
- Professional ethics
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Works under pressure
- Emotional intelligence
- Strong business acumen
- Enjoys having a good work-life balance
- High skill level in professionalism and energy,
- Must have a positive "go-getter" attitude and be cooperative with the team and direct supervisor at all times.
- This position requires the selected candidate to sit, stand and walk throughout the day.
- Excellent memory skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 year of experience is preferred in a senior’s lodge or hospital
- 1 year experience as a retail Pharmacy Assistant will be preferred
- The chosen candidate may be asked to undergo a criminal record check and/or basic security clearance.
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!