Joining False Creek!
Founded in 1996, False Creek Healthcare is one of Canada’s most renowned independent health providers, offering world-class service to individuals seeking immediate access to high quality medical care in Canada. Services include advanced diagnostics, executive health, family practice, urgent care, surgeons, specialists, plastic surgery and more. False Creek’s team of over 100 physicians and surgeons are leaders in their fields, chosen for their professional qualifications and dedication to the care of others. They are leaders in their fields, with the highest degree of surgical skills, experience and knowledge available.
The Accounting Manager will perform tasks of a general accounting nature with respect to financial statement line items. As part of these tasks, the Accounting Manager performs quality assurance review of work performed. Strong attention to detail, ability to carry out assigned tasks and accounting knowledge are key components of this role. This role will have a good understanding of the full general ledger close cycle.
Your Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Manages and oversees the daily operations of the accounting department
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of accounting & administrative tools & processes
- Maintain financial systems to facilitate senior executive decision making
- Understands and reviews analysis of monthly variances with senior executive team and makes recommendations
- Provide financial modeling for business planning, analysis and metrics
- Prepares allocations (journal entries) as they relate to asset and revenue accounts.
- Reviews income statement accounts and prepares appropriate adjustments (month-end journal entries) for accruals
- Prepares manual journal entries from billing systems to the G/L
- Prepares manual journal entries for intangible assets based on analysis/calculations performed by the Director of Operational Financial, Surgical Division and external consultants.
- Compilation of accounts receivable aging reports and performs AFDA calculations
- Prepares and posts inventory adjustment journal entries
- Reviews expense accounts and prepares appropriate adjustments/ entries (month-end journal entries) for expense accruals, key accruals include:
- COGS accruals
- Consulting fees accrual
- Completes assigned period-end closing procedures
- Assist in the quarterly reviews and annual audits as it relates to general accounting
- Oversees and proposes improvements in OR efficiency, inventory management and leading and managing various internal business systems and process improvements/redesign initiatives.
- Promotes increased efficiency and reduce overall costs within all functional areas and to develop administrative procedures and obtain buy in from the executive team
- Take an important role in developing business cases, managing inventory, pricing strategies, compliance issues and creating, negotiating and/or reviewing contracts, managing commission payment calculations and expenses payments.
- Liaise with external auditors in preparing year-end financial statements and interim quarterly reviews
- Take initiative to propose changes to senior executive team for financial strategies, processes and any other matters
- Responsible for departmental recruitment, orientation, training, and performance management.
- Following and enforcing existing policies and procedures of the organization and department
- Other duties as required
What You Bring to The Team:
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Experience with accounting and/or enterprise reporting systems preferred
- Knowledge of financial concepts and principles
- Ability to interpret financial reports, ledgers, graphs and tables
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Experience in preparation of audit working papers
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking
- High-energy self-starter with a sense of urgency in initiating and implementing best practices in a complex, multi-faceted business environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Excel skills
- ACCPAC experience required
- Proven track record of accurately reporting financial analysis, providing and managing financial solutions for senior management
- A team player capable of interacting professionally with both staff and clients
- Ability to function in an ever-changing work environment
- Good working knowledge of the business & an understanding of the Health Care industry is preferred
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Your Career. Our Focus!