At Pharmacare Pharmacy our focus is on the quality and safety of medications for our clients. This focus has gained us the reputation of being the leader in specialty pharmacy throughout Alberta. To uphold this reputation we pride ourselves in being a team of passionate individuals that believe in building strong relationships with our clients and maintaining quality assurance by using industry leading technology. We offer competitive benefits, encourage ongoing training and development and an atmosphere that inspires our employees to excel at assisting and caring for our clients.
The Pharmacist plays an essential role in the quality and safety of our patients’ medications. They are responsible for the supervision of the Pharmacy Assistants and Technicians to ensure efficient and accurate distribution of our products and services. With their professional knowledge, experience and compassionate nature the Pharmacist will bring a specialized approach to our team and clients that brings an incomparable value.
- Interpersonal skills required to interact with patients, co-workers and other health professionals.
- Receives verbal Rx orders and accurately reduces same to writing in adherence with local laws and regulations
- Evaluate appropriateness of prescription orders with consideration for patient safety and legal requirements
- Provides Clinical services based on the organizational framework
- Completes third party adjudications necessary to complete prescriptions
- Coordinates and supervises the non-sterile compounding and dispensing of drugs according to medication orders issued by authorized medical care providers and is responsible for the timely processing of medication orders and the distribution of medications.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects personal and organization information at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Actively strives to provide excellent customer service
- Seeks to meet customer needs and demands while remaining calm and professional
- Reviews complaints from internal/external customers and takes action to remedy the complaint
- Reliable, responsible and willing to fulfill obligations
- Having integrity and being honest and avoiding unethical behavior
- Willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
- The ability to communicate effectively to maximize accuracy in the delivery of patient care
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others
Experience and Education
- Graduate from an accredited school
- Experience with KROLL a must
- 2 years’ experience in retail setting minimum
- Licensed Pharmacist in the Province of Alberta
- Prescribing and authorizing an asset
- Supervisory experience and experience in diverse institutions desirable
- Valid driver's license.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today?
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!