As a Pharmacist, you will help deliver a patient focused environment that excels in customer/patient care by dispensing prescriptions, consulting with patients and supporting Long Term Care facilities, Retirement Homes and Home Nursing.
- Checking medication strip packaging & blister packaging
- Active hands on role in the pharmacy which will include: advising on the administration, uses and effects of medication, drug incompatibilities and contra-indications
- Checking prescriptions for proper dosage
- Compounding prescribed pharmaceutical products
- Dispensing prescribed pharmaceuticals
- Patient counselling and medication reviews
- Maintaining medication profiles of customers
- Ensuring proper storage of pharmaceutical products
- Maintenance of pharmacy stock through inventory control systems
- Advising customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication
- Work as part of a team – must be able to build and maintain strong team relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to time manage priorities and be very organized.
- Works under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Empathetic to the needs of patients
- Strategic thinker with excellent decision making skills
- Must have emotional intelligence
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent attention to detail with a Quality Assurance (QA is critical) focus.
- High skill level in professionalism and energy,
- Must have a positive “go-getter” attitude and be cooperative with the team and direct supervisor at all times
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Licensed Pharmacist in the Province of Saskatchewan
- Member in good standing with the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals SCPP
- Knowledge of Kroll Pharmacy System an asset
- Experience in LTC and/or hospital pharmacy preferred
- Customer service mindset
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- High level of professionalism, energy, enthusiasm and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Efficient time management abilities; effective organization and planning skills
- Other duties as required
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada, then we want to hear from you!
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Your Career. Our Focus!