Day Center Geriatric Aide
As a Geriatric Aide at CEI, you will provide physical assistance, basic personal care and psychosocial support to CEI's participants at the Day Centers. You will assist participants with activities of daily living (ADLs), while noting any changes in participants’ physical and emotional health and communicating this information to an appropriate staff person.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR GERIATRIC AIDES
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Two years of relevant work experience can be substituted
- Interest, enthusiasm and experience working with frail, cognitively impaired older adults.
- Experience in providing household services in efficient and consistent manner.
- Knowledge of the physical, mental and social needs of the elderly.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to conscientiously follow directions with limited supervision.
- Ability to understand basic English instructions and to write simple statements in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Current CPR certification and First Aid training.