Here at Connect Distribution, our aim is to be the first choice for home appliance after sales service, spare parts and accessories.
With fifty years of experience, we are the largest independent home appliance and spare parts distribution organisation within the UK working with a number of household brands including Dyson, Whirlpool, Hotpoint, Hoover and Bosch to name a few!
We have an exciting opportunity for a C# Developer to join our ever expanding business. As a C# Developer, the role will involve:
- Develop the platforms in line with agreed projects and goals.
- Help to ensure the continued operation of the company platform.
- Analyse and fix issues, problems and bugs with existing software.
- Produce and maintain specifications and technical documentation.
- Write tests and carry out sufficient unit and link testing around changes made before deployment to ensure regressions are not introduced.
- Review code changes made by other team members and offer constructive feedback.
- Work closely with IT Infrastructure & testing teams to ensure technical compatibility and performance requirements.
- Diagnose and resolve areas of weakness within the company’s application estate and recommend improvements.
As C# Developer, It’s important you have:
- Proficiency in C#, ASP.NET, MVC (3+) AND SQL
- Experience of unit testing (TDD/BDD, NUnit, machine.specifications)
- Own and peer code review
- Use of version control systems (Git and VSO)
We would be really excited if you have:
- Experience in backend/SOA/Message Bus Architecture development preferred. (NServiceBus)
- Experience of NoSQL database (RavenDB)
- Experience of search platform (Solr)
- Experience of Microsoft VSTS/TFS
- Desirable technology skills include: HTTP, TCP/IP, Active Directory (and windows networking in general), Web UI/UX development
What we offer:
- Free on-site parking
- Support developers to gain Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Access to over 250 discounts including high street and online shopping, travel, technology, entertainment, food and drink and many more via Perkbox
- Potential to win access to Football tickets for Birmingham City and Aston Villa home games
- Staff discounts on all products
Job Type: Full-time