Want to seriously level up your skill set by working with talented developers and several high end technologies? Then Connect is the place to be!
At Connect we sell spare parts and accessories, but what we do in IT is anything but that simple. When you join the team, you’ll be working on several technologies; C#/.Net, Perl, Solr, SQL Server, RavenDB & Coachbase (NoSQL), NServiceBus, RabbitMQ, Redis, lambda, Docker, Node.JS all being used on top of scalable architecture.
But that’s not where it stops!
Connect is also going through a Digital Transformation, and we’re going to be working with even more technologies - AWS, Lambda, Docker, Terraform, DynamoDB, MySQL, Content Management Systems, Node.JS and many others! Over the next few years we’ll be running hundreds of POCs and building an entirely new platform – and moving to a brand new architecture.
What will the role will involve?
- Develop the Connect platform in line with agreed projects and goals.
- Help to ensure the continued operation of the Connect platform.
- Write tests and carry out sufficient unit and link testing around changes made before deployment to ensure regressions are not introduced.
- Review code changes made by other team members and offer constructive feedback.
- Work closely with IT Infrastructure & testing teams to ensure technical compatibility and performance requirements.
- Working with the new platform scrum team to run proof of concepts for the new digital strategy
- Building highly scalable applications and modifications to existing applications.
As Connect Developer, It’s important you have:
- Proficiency in C#, ASP.NET, MVC (3+) AND SQL or PHP/Perl or Node.JS
- Experience of Relational databases (MySQL or MSSQL)
- Experience of unit testing (TDD/BDD, NUnit, machine.specifications)
- Own and peer code review
- Use of version control systems (Git, VSO, SVN)
We would be really excited if you have:
- Experience in backend/SOA/Message Bus Architecture development preferred. (NServiceBus or RabbitMQ)
- Experience of NoSQL database (RavenDB or Coachbase)
- Experience of search platform (Solr)
- Experience of Microsoft VSTS/TFS or SVN or Gitlab/Github
- AWS cloud development (Lambda or Docker)
What we offer:
- Free on-site parking
- Support developers to gain Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Access to over 250 discounts including high street and online shopping, travel, technology, entertainment, food and drink and many more via Perkbox
- Potential to win access to Football tickets for Birmingham City home games
- Staff discounts on all products
- Eye Test & Child care vouchers
Job Type: Full-time
Please provide examples of your work when applying along with your CV. Examples of your work will help us tailor the interview to you. Also, please specify if you would like to work in the C#/.Net team or the scripting (Perl) team.