Here at Connect, our aim is to be the first choice for home appliance after sales service, spare parts and accessories.
With fifty years of experience, we are the largest independent home appliance and spare parts distribution organisation within the UK working with a number of household brands including Dyson, Whirlpool, Hotpoint, Hoover and Bosch to name a few!
We have an exciting opportunity for a QA Engineer to join our ever expanding business.
Currently there a number of Brown Field applications which developers are focusing on, but we are also starting to work on our new Green Field Service Oriented Architecture, which you will play a part in.
As a QA Engineer, the role will involve:
- Working within, a team of testers who test all of Connect and eSpares web applications
- End-to-end test all aspects of our applications including; web front end, services, email templates etc.
- Working closely with the development team to effectively test projects and BAU work
- Writing test scripts for projects to ensure all aspects of functionality has been tested
- Taking responsibility for production issues
- Building automation tests using Record & Play tools – small amount of coding may be required
- Building automation tests using Postman / Numan
- Where necessary use Browserstack and other testing tools
- Use Jira to record and manage defects
As a QA Engineer it’s important you have:
- Experience of testing services – particularly within SOA
- Experience of creating test scripts
- Experience of writing basic SQL
- A very keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, results focused and able to work on own initiative
- Effective time management skills
- ISTQB test certification (foundation is a minimum requirement)
- 2+ years of previous QA experience
- Experience of using Jira for defect management and test scriptsJ
- Strong background in Digital (specially; responsive websites, SOA, APIs, Cloud - AWS).
As a QA Engineer it’s would be nice if you have:
- A strong background in Agile or Scrum (having been a scrum team member for some of your career).
- Experience of working in a scrum team
- Experience of Postman / Numan
- Experience of automation testing – ideally using Record & Play tools rather than writing code
- Previous experience in performance testing
What we offer:
- Free on-site parking
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Access to over 250 discounts including high street and online shopping, travel, technology, entertainment, food and drink and many more via Perkbox
- Potential to win access to Football tickets for Birmingham City home games
- Staff discounts on all products
Job Type: Full-time