Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (1-2 year Contract)
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce that we are looking for a new addition to our growing team in the role of Senior Project Manager. This role will be instrumental in assisting the Product Management team in defining, planning, and implementing a diverse set of projects within the organization.
Every day, Canadians rely on our insights to make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. As the country’s #1 provider of automotive history and valuation insights, we’re always innovating to make buying and selling used vehicles easier for all Canadians.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee. You’re a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You have a thirst for learning new things and building your skillset. You dream big and chart your own career path. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. You know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun. You know leading a balanced lifestyle in a supportive work environment is important. You’re not just another employee. You are a CARFAX Canadian!
The Senior Project Manager will report into the VP, Product, while working closely across the entire organization on the successful execution of large-scale projects.
You’ll work hand in hand with a team of product managers, a driven set of technologists, and business and technology leaders from across the enterprise. You’ll leverage and balance a passion for agile software development with application of sound project management practices. You’ll thrive in a team environment where you are well supported and can help launch “BEST-IN-MARKET” products for our customers.
- Be responsible for all aspects of project management. Additional responsibilities may include: analysis, project delivery validation, and other duties as assigned
- Develop and refine project plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, risks, and contingency plans
- Lead large and sometimes global and/or virtual groups of multi-disciplinary teams of highly-talented technical professionals through the execution of tasks defined in the project plan
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule, and costs using a variety of techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes
- Ensure a common understanding across stakeholders and team members by setting and managing expectations in accordance with the project plan
- Measure project performance using various quantitative tools and techniques in order to monitor and communicate progress, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders in an unbiased manner
- Proactively identify and plan for risks as well as implement approved actions and workarounds to mitigate risk events in order to minimize the impact to the project
- Establish and cultivate relationships with other departments and organizations to recognize and actively manage dependencies associated with projects
- Generate key project deliverables and facilitate their review
- Actively participate in efforts to improve the way in which we manage projects via progressive tools, processes, and metrics
- Develop and manage working relationship(s) with business stakeholders to facilitate project intake, define requirements, coordinate priorities, and solve problems
- Facilitate cross-functional team meetings to ensure communication is clear and teams are aligned
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree AND ten (10) years of relevant work experience, with at least five to seven (5-7) years’ experience in a project management role
- Experience delivering projects using an agile methodology
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven manner
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Ability to work across multiple job levels to achieve results
- Experience managing a project team of 8 or more people
- Demonstrated use of proven project management practices and tools
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time
- Desire to pragmatically improve project management related processes
- Passion for project-focused team leadership and execution
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification such as Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite – Confluence/Jira
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario, and now has an office in Waterloo as well to support our growth. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonuses, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives and social events. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
Applications will be accepted until August 23, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Not exactly the position you were looking for, but still want to join our awesome team? Visit our careers page to learn more about us and to see our other job openings!