Azure Cloud Engineer
CARFAX Canada is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to help us build and promote a DevOps culture within our Technical Operations team! If you love a challenge, have a passion for cloud-based software and want to work with a group of dynamic teams, we want to hear from you!
Every day, Canadians rely on our insights to make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. As the country’s #1 provider of automotive history and valuation insights, we’re always innovating to make buying and selling used vehicles easier for all Canadians.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee. You’re a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You have a thirst for learning new things and building your skillset. You dream big and chart your own career path. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. You know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun. You know leading a balanced lifestyle in a supportive work environment is important. You’re not just another employee. You are a CARFAX Canadian!
CARFAX Canada is excited to announce the position of Senior Cloud Engineer! Reporting to our Technology Operations Manager, this role will be part of a dynamic operations team that is motivated to promote and adopt Cloud-native and a DevOps mindset.
You will work closely with engineering/architecture, DBAs and T2 support to help ensure that our production systems are architected, deployed, managed and monitored to the best of our ability.
Providing feedback to all teams will be key to striving towards a continuous delivery model. You will be required to learn, research, pilot and recommend new tools and technologies that can be leveraged to improve the way we work.
- Architect, provision, and operationalize an enterprise cloud systems infrastructure to meet business requirements for reliability, scalability, performance and business SLA
- Administering CARFAX Canada’s infrastructure in the Azure public cloud, including Virtual Machines (Linux and Windows), networking, Azure App Services and AD
- Provisioning new services in the Azure public cloud and complying with our backup strategies and policies
- Able to understand business requirements and decide on the required cloud resources to enable business current and future needs, and customers’ SLA
- Proactively monitor the cloud environment, foresee any possible challenges and take preventative measures to avoid any system outage or possible resource challenge
- Proactively optimize cloud usage while identifying and optimizing architecture to minimize cloud consumptions
- Contribute to efforts in automation, continuous deployment, build, and configuration management
- Advise on, and implement, best practices for monitoring, logging and alerting
- Own the availability, resilience and scalability of your solutions
- Document installations, procedures and requirements for systems/services
- Maintain cloud security while meeting the needs of the business without blocking progress
- Work closely with various internal teams to spec and plan new product and feature implementations
- Provide best practices, standards, and general support for the cloud environment
- Quickly learn new technologies and enforce industry best practices
- Provide Tier 3 support for infrastructure/system issues
- Be part of a rotating, after-hours, on-call schedule
Education, skill and experience required:
- 12+ years in IT (various roles) Development and/or infrastructure management
- Proficiency with New Relic, Dynatrace, NGiNX, and chef
- 3+ years of experience working with Azure cloud environments
- Extensive experience working closely with cross function teams (Dev, QA, and business teams).
- 2+ years of database experience (Microsoft T-SQL)
- Knowledge in architect and build pipeline, as well as end-to-end CI/CD process.
- Superior collaboration and cross function communication skills
- Extensive experience in Azure IaaS and PaaS
- Experience with container platforms preferably Kubernetes and/or Docker.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and New Relic
- Experience with MS DevOps technology
- Working knowledge of microservices architecture
- Experience implementing and managing immutable infrastructure
- Master-level scripting and automation abilities
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting .NET applications
- Excellent time management
- Strong ability to multitask and handle change
- Sharp attention to detail
- Proven communication skills
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Collaborative and innovative problem analysis and problem solving
- Great team player with ability to work alone without micro-management.
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario, and now has an office in Waterloo as well to support our growth. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonuses, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives and social events. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until January 13, 2020.
Not exactly the position you were looking for, but still want to join our awesome team? Visit our careers page to learn more about us and to see our other job openings!