Every day, Canadians rely on our insights to make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. As the country’s #1 provider of automotive history and valuation insights, we’re always innovating to make buying and selling used vehicles easier for all Canadians.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee. You’re a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You have a thirst for learning new things and building your skillset. You dream big and chart your own career path. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. You know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun. You know leading a balanced lifestyle in a supportive work environment is important. You’re not just another employee. You are a CARFAX Canadian!
Lead the day-to-day strategy, planning and execution of SEO initiatives with a primary focus on-site (carfax.ca). Secondary focus will be on technical SEO with the support of an external agency when required. The role works closely with the Consumer team and Product team. It also will be aligned with the CARFAX US SEO team for training and best practices but resides and reports into the Senior Digital Marketing Manager in Canada. The role can be based at our new office in Waterloo, Ontario or at our head office in London, Ontario.
- Monitor performance metrics on a daily basis to provide an understanding of organic search performance.
- Look for growth opportunities in areas such as keyword selection, site infrastructure and on-page optimization.
- Carry out keyword research using appropriate SEO tools (SEM Rush etc.) and implement learnings.
- Partner with Product and Dev teams to implement CRO initiatives and optimize when possible.
- Examine and identify competitors’ methodology and implement initiatives to counter them.
- Test new strategies by designing experiments and crafting specifications documents.
- Analyze test results and move quickly to set next steps in motion.
- Gain insights into keyword performance by analyzing traffic and conversion.
- Use our range of keywords to maximize rankings and optimize internal linking.
- Diagnose and solve technical SEO problems.
- Determine key metrics to measure organic search campaign success and develop processes for measurement and optimization.
- Perform technical site analysis including external and internal link analysis.
- Other duties related to digital marketing, such as SEM, as required.
Education and Experience Required:
- 2+ years’ experience with search engine optimization
- Knowledge of SEO principals and user-generated content
- An understanding of organic search algorithms and ranking factors
- Technical curiosity for organic search
- Exceptional communication skills, especially when explaining technical SEO
- Clear communication of SEO technical requirements to developers and product managers
- Ability to balance several projects at once
- Efficiency, accuracy and excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with our competitive landscape (car buying, automotive and consumer advocacy) a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario, and now has an office in Waterloo, Ontario to support our growth. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonuses, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives and social events. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until November 17, 2019.
Not exactly the position you were looking for, but still want to join our awesome team? Visit our careers page to learn more about us and to see our other job openings!