Android Developer Team Lead
Join our elite IT team as an Android Dev Team Lead!
As a Dev Team Lead you will be a part of the Consumer Experience Development (CXD) team. The CXD team has full responsibility for our consumer-facing applications, and that is a very big deal. At CARFAX, we create applications for our consumers that incorporate tools and products to assist them in buying and selling cars. The Consumer Experience Development team is an elite group of tech savvy individuals who work together every day to deliver quality products that bring value to our customers. This fast-paced environment keeps our tech stack evolving so we are able to seamlessly support the hundreds of products that make CARFAX the trusted leader in vehicle history information.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Team CARFAX knows their work has purpose and everyone contributes to our mission to help consumers throughout the lifecycle of buying, owning and selling used cars. Our culture offers a unique blend of a high achieving; high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting and our employee-focused culture is consistently honored as a “Best Place to Work”.
A typical day will have you:
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment supporting high-use, modern applications
- Coding and testing enhancements for the CARFAX Android applications
- Participating in daily huddles and other Scrum ceremonies
- Collaborate closely with other developers, UX designers, support teams and other stakeholders
- Promote great software design and quality through a disciplined development methodology
- 3+ years of Lead experience
- Hands-on experience coding in Java and Kotlin
- Deep expertise in MVVM architectural pattern
- Familiarity with RxJava 2, Dagger 2, Retrofit 2 and Room
- Working and collaborating with remote teams
- Knowledge of coding best practices for security and performance
- Love to learn! To get the greatest solutions we need to continually explore what’s new and be willing to dive in and learn
- Experience with Android Studio
- Jenkins and/or bitrise
- Git and branching strategies
- Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Agile software development including Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.