Systems Developer - JAVA
Join our Team as a Systems Developer
As a system developer on the Data Technology team you will use full stack technologies to build processes that support law enforcement through modernizing data collection and vehicle accident report processing.
The Data Technology team uses agile development methods to harnesses revolutionary tools and innovative thinking to bring forward thinking products to fruition. The team is devoted to working smarter by cutting through the nonsense and getting stuff done.
If you are passionate about technology and are looking to accelerate your career while building innovative products, consider a future as a systems developer on CARFAXs Data Technology team.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Team CARFAX knows their work has purpose and everyone contributes to our mission to help consumers throughout the lifecycle of buying, owning and selling used cars. Our culture offers a unique blend of a high achieving; high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting and our employee-focused culture is consistently honored as a “Best Place to Work”.
As a systems developer you will:
- Work in a team environment using agile practices
- Develop frameworks and tools to process and analyze large amounts of data for vehicle accident data customers
- Utilize test driven, paired programming and continuous integration development methods
- Communicate directly with customers on a daily basis
- Assist in the creation of cloud based vehicle accident data collection
- Analyze accident report data in order to reconstruct consumable police reports
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and CARFAX
As a systems developer you will be expected to have:
- Hands-on experience with Object-Oriented Programming
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with non-relational database concepts
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
You will also need established experience in and/or knowledge of:
- Mongo, Oracle
- XSLT, XPath
- Java, Groovy
- Grails and/or Spring
- Git version control
- Linux server environments
- Unit testing with JUnit
- Agile development methods
- Design Patterns
Carfax, a unit of IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by Carfax vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, Carfax provides exclusive services like Carfax Used Car Listings, myCarfax, Carfax History-Based Value and the flagship Carfax® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. Carfax owns the world's largest vehicle history database and is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Own, Sell – Show me the Carfax™. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.