Join our elite IT team as a Sr. Full Stack Software Developer
As a Sr. Full Stack Software Developer you will be a part of the Consumer Experience Development (CXD) team. The CXD team has full responsibility for our online presence, and that is a very big deal. At CARFAX, we create websites for our consumers that incorporate tools and products to assist them in buying and selling cars. The Consumer Experience Development team is an elite group of tech savvy individuals who work together every day to deliver quality products that bring value to our customers. This fast-paced environment keeps our tech stack evolving so we are able to seamlessly support the hundreds of products that make CARFAX the trusted leader in vehicle history information.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Our culture offers the unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting. When you walk around at CARFAX you hear laughter and spontaneous celebrations and you see people in shorts and flip flops refueling themselves with a game of shuffle puck or by taking a few shots on one of the putting greens. Our employee focused culture has been recognized and earned CARFAX the honor of being named as one of the “Great Places to Work” 7 years in a row by Washingtonian magazine and additionally by the Washington Post, and nationally by Glassdoor! Are you ready to join a winning team, be inspired daily, and have a blast while doing it? If so, take a detour from your daily grind and apply today!
A typical day will have you:
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Guide the development team through design decisions, which may include new technology research and prototyping
- Break down epic level work into manageable tasks for a sprint
- Facilitate the dev team estimation process
- Recommend areas for removal of technical debt and proper code hygiene
- Ensure proper coordination with technical support teams on production support issues
- Collaborate closely with other developers, front-end designers, support teams and other stakeholders
- Promote great software design and quality
- Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
You’ll need to:
- Be vocal! We believe in the wisdom of crowds and your input is needed and valued!
- Be flexible! We love to change it up by using different technologies and need you to be open to new and different!
- Love to learn! To get the greatest solutions we need to continually explore what’s new and be willing to dive in and learn.
- Experience guiding and mentoring other developers in design, code and methodology
- Knowledge of coding best practices for security, performance and SEO
- Object oriented experience with languages such as Java, Python or C#; we primarily use Java
- Experience building web services using REST or GraphQL
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as Spring Boot / MVC or Node.js
- Relational and NoSql database systems such as MySql, Mongo or Cassandra
- AWS platform
- Messaging platforms like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Other languages we use such as TypeScript, ES6, Kotlin, Groovy and Swift
- Testing frameworks like Spock, JUnit or JEST
- Agile software development including Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Git version control system
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.