Marketplace Product Manager
Join our WINNING team as a Marketplace Product Manager
Do you want to join the fastest growing marketplace in the Auto Industry? CARFAX is looking for an exceptional product leader to build out CARFAX’s ‘Sell my Car’ solution for consumers. ‘Sell my Car’ will be a ‘For Sale by Owner’ marketplace that connects consumer with consumers (and dealers) who are interested in buying their car. We are looking for an extremely entrepreneurial product leader to help innovate and execute this new product initiative. The ideal candidate wants to be part of a top-tier team to fundamentally change how consumers buy and sell used cars. This position is full time and based at our headquarters in Centreville, VA.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Our culture offers the unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting. When you walk around at CARFAX you hear laughter and spontaneous celebrations and you see people in shorts and flip flops refueling themselves with a game of shuffle puck or by taking a few shots on one of the putting greens. Our employee-focused culture has been recognized as one of the “Great Places to Work” six years in a row by Washingtonian magazine and additionally by the Washington Post and Glassdoor! Are you ready to join a winning team, be inspired daily, and have a blast while doing it? If so, take a detour from your daily grind and apply today!
- Leader of the ‘Sell my Car’ Marketplace at CARFAX.
- Lead cross-functional team - including product managers, engineering, project management, design, analytics, and user research - in the ideation, UX design, technical development, and launch of innovative products.
- Establish shared vision across the company by building data-driven consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Optimize the user experience to increase engagement and conversion to help more consumers buy used cars with confidence.
- Make decisions based on qualitative and quantitative data. Deeply understand used car shopper needs, pain points, and behaviors, and transform that knowledge into a cohesive roadmap of features that aligns to company goals.
- Translate your product vision into detailed functional specifications that deliver on the jobs to be done.
- Define metrics that inform the success of your products, monitor performance in real-time, and determine a product roll-out strategy based on quantitative and user feedback.
- Understand CARFAX’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- 5+ years product management with an emphasis on marketplaces, mobile, and optimization of engagement / conversions.
- Ability to integrate quantitative and qualitative user research at all stages of product development. Preference for strong knowledge of design thinking methodologies and principles.
- Proven track record of building consumer products that users love and drive high-impact results.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias toward action and customer focused innovation. You thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You work proactively rather than reactively.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills - able to manage stakeholders up, down, and sideways.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; willingness to get into the details and drive clarity from ambiguity.
- Proven ability to push forward on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for making decisions quickly in order to seize opportunities that lead to team success.
- BA/BS, MBA preferred
Carfax, a unit of IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by Carfax vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, Carfax provides exclusive services like Carfax Used Car Listings, myCarfax, Carfax History-Based Value and the flagship Carfax® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. Carfax owns the world's largest vehicle history database and is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Own, Sell – Show me the Carfax™. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.