Join Data Technologies Decoder team as a Systems Developer
As a System Developer on the Decoder team, you will work collaboratively on a team of system and data engineers to design, build and scale our ambitious machine learning and natural language processing solutions. Leveraging the latest techniques and tools, this unique opportunity will aim to unlock the hidden potential in our vast datasets and enrich the quality of information provided by our automotive reporting products delivered daily to consumers across the globe.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Team CARFAX knows their work has purpose and everyone contributes to our mission to help consumers throughout the lifecycle of buying, owning and selling used cars. Our culture offers a unique blend of a high achieving; high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting and our employee-focused culture is consistently honored as a “Best Place to Work”.
As a Systems Developer you will:
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices
- Develop frameworks and tools to process and analyze large amounts of data for business analytics
- Utilize Test Driven, Paired Programming and Continuous Integration development methods
- Participate in the design and development of our deep learning, ML and NLP solutions
- Develop machine learning algorithms to help drive our natural language processing solutions
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and CARFAX
As a Systems Developer you will be expected to have:
- Hands-on experience with Object Orientated Programming
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with database concepts
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
You will also need established experience in and/or knowledge of:
- Python, Java, C, C++, or Groovy in addition to Unit testing
- Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Hadoop/AWS EMR, Apache Spark
- Machine learning frameworks: TensorFlow, Torch, Caffe, or Theano.
- Natural Language Processing libraries: NLTK, spaCY or scikit-learn
- Cloud computing environments and ML/NLP related cloud services from Azure, AWS or GCP
- Data visualization techniques
- Docker, Mesos and ETL systems
- Git version controlLinux server environments
Carfax, a unit of IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by Carfax vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, Carfax provides exclusive services like Carfax Used Car Listings, myCarfax, Carfax History-Based Value and the flagship Carfax® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. Carfax owns the world's largest vehicle history database and is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Own, Sell – Show me the Carfax™. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.