Software Architect / Developer (JAVA Back End)
Does the idea of building intelligent frameworks using modern technologies to support a clear and defined mission? If so, working as a Software Architect/Developer on the Data Technologies team may be the perfect role for you. The Data Technologies team uses Agile development methods to harness revolutionary tools and innovative thinking to bring forward thinking products to fruition. The team is devoted to working smarter by cutting through nonsense and getting stuff done. Our work environment is filled with phenomenal innovation and high-energy with a dedicated team striving towards one goal at full speed. If you’re passionate about technology and are looking to accelerate your career while building innovative products, consider a future as a software architect/developer at CARFAX.
The Tech CARFAX Culture
Having a creative and innovative environment where our developers can collaborate, learn and grow is a CARFAX passion. We have an entire floor dedicated to our techies, designed specifically to enable teams to dream big and produce the best. Along with creating and maintaining awesome software you’ll also be able to participate in our quarterly Hack-a-thon’s or take a break by kicking back and playing the latest game on x-box when you need to re-boot the mind. Oh, and do you happen to have a dog? CARFAX is dog-friendly and no day goes by where you don’t have the chance to visit with one of the visiting pups. We even provide the dog beds, bowls and of course, toys!
As a Software Architect/Developer, you will:
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices and methods
- Develop frameworks and tools to process and analyze large amounts of data for business analytics
- Utilize Test Driven Development (TDD), Paired Programming and Continuous Integration development methods
- Communicate directly with customers on a daily basis
- Assist in the migration from legacy systems
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and CARFAX
As a Software Architect/Developer, you will be expected to have (minimum required):
- 5+ years of professionalexperience with Object Oriented Programming – in Java or similar language
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with database concepts
- Strong unit testing and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Identify business requirements and requirements of the stakeholders on the project
- Experience designing an entire system based on the received requirements
- Led development projects from inception all the way through deployment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience in more than one of the following is also helpful:
- Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, MySQL, ETL
- Docker, Mesos, Spring
- Git version control
- Testing frameworks, JUnit, Mockito
- Natural Language Processing is a plus
- AWS knowledge is a plus
- Design patterns is a plus
Carfax, a unit of IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by Carfax vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, Carfax provides exclusive services like Carfax Used Car Listings, myCarfax, Carfax History-Based Value and the flagship Carfax® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. Carfax owns the world's largest vehicle history database and is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Own, Sell – Show me the Carfax™. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.