Public Relations Director
Do you want to serve as the on-air spokesperson for one of the most recognized brands in the automotive industry? Do you enjoy creating positive press coverage for an organization? If so, the Public Relations Director role here at CARFAX might be just for you! The Public Relations Director will serve as the official on-air spokesperson for CARFAX, a trusted consumer advocate featured on national and local news programs daily. This role will develop and execute public relation strategies that continue to generate positive press coverage for CARFAX products and services that help consumers shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Everyone on Team CARFAX knows their work has purpose and contributes to our mission to help consumers throughout the lifecycle of buying, owning and selling their car. Our culture offers a unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting and our employee-focused culture is consistently honored as a “Best Place to Work” in both our Virginia and Missouri locations.
As the Public Relations Director, you will:
Consumer Public & Media Relations
- Identify and create opportunities for successful placement of news stories for CARFAX.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with consumer reporters in traditional and online media outlets across the country, and become their go-to resource for consumer-protection stories related to automobiles.
- Field inbound media inquiries and manage those to successful public relations coverage.
- Develop messaging and responses for various business issues that might also have public relations implications.
- Craft informative press releases and articles, manage consumer testimonials, and facilitate content distribution among various audiences.
- Monitor and measure the consumer media coverage generated for CARFAX.
B2B Public & Media Relations
- Develop and maintain a robust trade media contacts list and establish strong relationships with key editors, journalists, influencers and non-traditional media.
- Craft informative press releases and articles that get positive story placements in B2B print and online publications.
- Establish key CARFAX team members as industry experts and schedule appropriate interviews and speaking engagements.
- Develop and maintain archive of proprietary B2B audio/video content.
- Monitor and measure the CARFAX B2B news coverage
- Proven on-camera communications skills – ability to communicate effectively on-camera and in front of audiences, especially while under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Strong writing skills – ability to write compelling, effective and concise copy and effectively communicate across various industries.
- Video production skills – ability write video scripts and produce high-quality video content for various consumer and B2B communications purposes.
- Ability to move ideas to action – a “get it done” ability to turn project concepts into viable public relations programs.
- Project management/organizational skills – ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines without sacrificing detail.
- Interpersonal skills – ability to coordinate efforts in a cross-departmental capacity to meet corporate goals.
- Must be able to take initiative – takes ownership of projects, sometimes with little direction, creatively plans and problem solves, and sees through to completion.
- Minimum of eight (8) years work-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- Proven knowledge of communication practices and techniques
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
Carfax, a unit of IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by Carfax vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, Carfax provides exclusive services like Carfax Used Car Listings, myCarfax, Carfax History-Based Value and the flagship Carfax® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. Carfax owns the world's largest vehicle history database and is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Own, Sell – Show me the Carfax™. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.