Join our WINNING team as a UX Researcher
Do you want to drive product innovation and user experience through research? CARFAX is seeking a UX researcher to help us create the ideal consumer experience across our entire product suite. We’re a data driven company that helps millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence.
At CARFAX we’ve been creating revolutionary products for more than 30 years. We’re looking for someone to join our team with a passion for user research and a drive to leverage user needs to help build world-class products and services.
Based at our Centreville, VA campus, this position will be working closely with researchers, designers and product managers. The candidate will be responsible for designing and executing user research studies that help improve CARFAX’s user experience and help meet our business goals.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be part of a dynamic research team, this may be the perfect job for you. This position will report to the Director of User Experience and Design, and work closely with the CARFAX UX team.
The CARFAX Culture
Our culture offers the unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting. Our employee focused culture has been recognized and earned CARFAX the honor of being named as one of the “Great Places to Work” 7 times in a row by Washingtonian Magazine and additionally by the Washington Post, and nationally by Glassdoor! Are you ready to join a winning team, be inspired daily, and have a blast while doing it? If so, take a detour from your daily grind and apply today!
As a UX Researcher you will be:
- Work closely with CARFAX researchers, designers, and product managers to help create the ideal consumer experience
- Leverage design thinking and user-centered design methodologies as part of the CARFAX design process
- Lead research projects from end to end for a broad range of CARFAX product teams
- Lead UX testing efforts; develop scripts and screeners, moderate sessions and analyze results
- Package insights into research tools for designers and product managers (personas, user journeys, experience maps, etc.)
- Collaborate and present with key stakeholders across the business
- 5 – 7 years of relevant research experience, preferably in applied product research.
- BA/BS Degree in HCI, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field
- Strong portfolio demonstrating design thinking across all aspects of a research project (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis and reporting)
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills; effective at storytelling and sharing findings
- Ability to work across multiple project teams and switch rapidly between different projects
- Adept at educating and coaching on the benefits of UX research
- Driven to lead UX research that helps innovate CARFAX products and drive business KPIs
*Please Note: An online portfolio and resume is required for consideration.
Carfax, a unit of IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by Carfax vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, Carfax provides exclusive services like Carfax Used Car Listings, myCarfax, Carfax History-Based Value and the flagship Carfax® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. Carfax owns the world's largest vehicle history database and is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Own, Sell – Show me the Carfax™. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.