Network Automation Engineer
Join our Winning Team as a Network Automation Engineer
Are you a Network Automation Engineer who specializes in network automation and continual improvement? Does the idea of joining a team responsible for innovation and maintaining and supporting a wide breadth of IT solutions excite you? If so, the Network Automation Engineer role at CARFAX may be a great fit for you! In this role, you will be responsible for a wide range of Automation solutions, including Cloud Networks, building CI/CD pipelines, and working with the latest Automation tools.
The Tech Culture at CARFAX
Having a creative and innovative environment where our techies can collaborate, learn and grow is something CARFAX is passionate about. We have an entire floor dedicated to our techies, designed specifically to enable teams to dream big and produce the best. Along with creating and maintaining awesome software you’ll also be able to participate in our quarterly Hack-a-thon’s or take a break by kicking back and playing the latest game on x-box when you need to re-boot the mind. Oh, and do you happen to have a dog? CARFAX is dog-friendly and no day goes by where you don’t have the chance to visit with one of the visiting pups. We even provide the dog beds, bowls and of course, toys!
As a Network Automation Engineer, you will:
- Work side by side with experienced Network Engineers to implement network automation.
- Use Bash, Python, JSON, Terraform, and other languages as appropriate.
- Help team build a CI/CD pipeline using Git and Jenkins (or similar tools) to implement network automation.
- Systems you will work with the team to automate include: AWS, BGP, Megaport, InfoBlox and Bind, F5, Cisco and more.
- Lifecycle support of automation with continual expansion and improvement of automation.
- Help team develop scripts that detect and remediate configuration issues.
- Help team enforce configuration standards by automatic configuration audits.
- Maintenance of Chef cookbooks.
- Use tools like Service Now Automate to maximize automation around service requests.
- 2 years of development experience
- Interest or experience with Infrastructure as Code and Network Automation is desired.
- Interest or experience with AWS, Terraform is desired.
- Desire and ability to learn networking fundamentals.
- Familiar with API interaction in multiple systems. REST, Webhook, JSON, etc.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by Carfax vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, Carfax provides exclusive services like Carfax Used Car Listings, MyCARFAX, Carfax History-Based Value and the flagship Carfax® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. Carfax owns the world's largest vehicle history database and is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Own, Sell – Show me the Carfax™. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.