Business Intelligence Manager
Business Intelligence Manager
CARFAX is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Manager who will lead the execution of both internal and customer facing reporting and analytical solutions that:
- Demonstrate the value CARFAX brings to customers, partners, and other external stakeholders
- Help CARFAX analyze the effectiveness of the products we offer
- Support ongoing business functions such as finance, sales, and marketing
The Tech Culture at CARFAX
Having a creative and innovative environment where our techies can collaborate, learn and grow is something CARFAX is passionate about. We have an entire floor dedicated to our techies, designed specifically to enable teams to dream big and produce the best. Along with creating and maintaining awesome software you’ll also be able to participate in our quarterly Hack-a-thon’s or take a break by kicking back and playing the latest game on x-box when you need to re-boot the mind. Oh, and do you happen to have a dog? CARFAX is dog-friendly and no day goes by where you don’t have the chance to visit with one of the visiting pups. We even provide the dog beds, bowls and of course, toys!
Our ideal candidate has the following strengths:
- Strong Communication Skills—speak to business stakeholders in their language and convey technical content in easy to understand ways—both verbally and in writing.
- Telling Stories with Data—understand what demonstrates value for various stakeholder groups and have a knack for identifying metrics, analytics, reports, or other data offerings that can be used to tell the story of how BI can help those stakeholders capture that value.
- Can Rapidly Prototype Ideas—have the ability to quickly assemble dynamic and compelling reporting prototypes that tell your data story.
- Seek Continuous Process Improvement—always seeking ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper. You like to set goals for improvement and measure results. You hold yourself and others accountable for achieving those goals.
- Enjoy Variety—easily bored by the status quo. You enjoy variety in the projects you support, the roles you play, and the technologies you apply to deliver the solutions needed.
- See the Big Picture—want to understand the overall business problem you are trying to address before you begin to tackle individual parts of the problem.
- Think Creatively—find new ways to obtain best practices results in non-traditional ways. You would prefer to help create new best practices approaches for solving difficult problems, if existing best practices cannot adequately address a challenge.
- Are a Lifelong Learner—thrive on learning new things about the business, systems, and data. Learning new tools and technologies energizes you, and you pick them up quickly.
- 6+ years’ experience leading the execution of reporting and analytics projects. Experience working in Agile development environments a strong plus.
- 2+ years’ experience working with advanced data visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, and Qlikview. Experience with Tableau a strong plus.
- Experience architecting BI solutions using leading BI tools.
- Demonstrated ability to tell stories with data; experience telling stories with data in the automotive industry a strong plus
- Ability to work with a project management office and separate data integration team to jointly deliver BI projects
- Support the execution of multiple simultaneous BI projects
- Adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Follow through on commitments and to own tasks from start to finish
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by Carfax vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, Carfax provides exclusive services like Carfax Used Car Listings, MyCARFAX, Carfax History-Based Value and the flagship Carfax® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. Carfax owns the world's largest vehicle history database and is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Own, Sell – Show me the Carfax™. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.